XBOX 360

i think its 50 bucks for live a year,forgot

depending on what model u buy,you'd have to buy a hard drive and HDMI cables and shit,if wireless controller is important might have to buy it seperatley as well

HD-DVD add on is separate as well,and i still don't even know what the f*** it does

^^ none of which are that important (besides hard drive) if u just wanna play online and shit

and trust me your gonna want a warranty, ive been through 3 xbox's until i had to quit

then when your done goin thru 300-400 dollars,you have games to buy :)

yeah a year is 50 bucks for xbox live.. and if you were to get an internet adapter for xbox360... dont get the one that microsoft has... it's too expensive.. works well but i dont think that it is worth 100 dollars. i paid maybe.. 300 bucks for a 360 itself. and yeah.. then you will have to worry about getting some games.. buying controllers... and all those "cool" addons :P i have a new gen xbox360 so it has a dvd player already in it and 60 gb hard drive. yes, yes get warranty haha, RED RING OF DEATH.

oh yeah.. i recommend you get some rechargeable batteries for your controllers... unless you want to spend a lot of money on batteries..

yeah i reached your aug 5 deadline.. XD

i've owned 4 PS2s..one broke by me trippin over the controller cord causing the unit to smash on the floor but the 3 others ones just quit working all together. i paid once to have it shipped to GA to be fixed for $80 then in a year it quit working so my dumbass bought another one which broke after 4 months. then when the original xbox came out i bought it and it killed over on me about 4 months after i purchased it. i called microsoft and raised hell, telling them about my experience with sony . they offered to fix or replace my xbox with no charge whats so ever. the next day a fedex box was at my door for me to ship it off for repair, no cost. i've had the same xbox for about 4 and a half years now (its pretty much just a DVD player now) and i have a xbox360 elite. i will never ever give my money to sony again. maybe they just hate me..idk but after being CHARGED to have faulty equipment fixed over and over again, i refuse to buy a PS3. i will admit though the graphics do looks a little bit better but the game library is no where as badass as 360s. the only reason i would even think about buying one is the blu ray player since those things are wwwwaaaayyyyy overpriced yet sooooo bad ass!