Dremel tools

SilentMan

I'm lookin for a good dremel tool to start my "grown up tool collection".

Anyways i've found one that has some bad reviews and some good, if you guys have any suggestions a link would be nice.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=225167-353-200-1%2f21&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3025616&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Thanks guys.

Edited by SilentMan

I own a similar model, but mine has a completely variable speed slection, and not just the 2 settings that one has.

I've had it for somewhere around 10 years. I've used it to cut, sand, etch glass, drill, polish, etc...

It's never given me any problems, and my only complaint would have to be buying replacement cutoff wheels. Other than that, it's fantastic.

I've used it for cutting off rusty bolts in tight places on cars, I even used it to cut a hole in the side of a computer case for a plexiglas window.

It even works great for cutting a new slot in the heads of stripped screws to help remove them.

I'd probably rate it a 10 for reliability/quality

I'd rate it a 10 for flexibility of use.

But I'd rate it a 8 for having to buy replacement discs so often. BUT it all depends what you're cutting with it.