WWE Extreme Rules Review

Crasher

WWE-Extreme-Rules-2011-Matches.jpg

WWE Extreme Rules 2011 Review

This is my first review ever and I've always wanted to try it even on a forum like FA which nobody will probably care about. I've always wanted to do a review regardless anyway so here we go.

Also Note That i'm not going to go into every detail because my memory span isn't that great, hence don't expect this to be giant paragraphs.

20110419_xr_orton_punk.jpg

CM Punk vs Randy Orton - Last Man Standing Stipulation

Additional Stipulation: "New" Nexus are banned from ringside. (How original...)

They start things off slow, until Punk gets a bamboo stick and starts swinging at the Viper like a maniac, taunting him when he's down like he's some kind of ninja. Orton Gets back in this with his own bambo stick and the fight goes outside the ring for awhile.

Punk gets a chair and puts it around Orton's neck, and pushes him into the ring post, but Orton doesn't sell the injury (no surprise.) They get back in the ring and after awhile Orton does a Super RKO (RKO off the turnbuckle) to end it.

Match Rating: 3/10

Bad Ending and Orton didn't need to go over. Ironic that Punk hasn't won a single PPV match since around this time of year last year.

20110418_xr_mysterio_rhodes.jpg

Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio - Falls Count Anywhere Stipulation

They start out in the ring and it picks up fast, Rhodes pretty much carrying Mysterio this match until they get out of the ring and start slugging each other until they go up the stands (which is allowed in this stipulation) until they go backstage where more people are, you can hear "Holy Shit" chants (Sounds like "this is awesome" to me but others say different.)

Rhodes does a Beautifully Disaster on some kind of mirror into the head of Mysterio and he falls down, they go back to the ring and Rhodes and Mysterio are on the turnbuckle fighting it out before Rhodes falls down and charges after Mysterio, something strange blocking his way (seriously I rewinded it over and over and couldn't see what blocked his way) and gets senton'ed by Mysterio before setting him up for the 619 for the victory.

Match Rating: 8/10

Great Match after the disappointing one before it. But again Mysterio didn't need to go over in this match but Rhodes did win at Wrestlemania.

20110411_xr_coleswagger_kingjr.jpg

Michael Cole and Jack Swagger vs Jerry "The King" Lawler and Jim Ross - "Countrywhipping Match" Where a leather strap is legal in the match.

I'm not even going to review this match, the only surprise was the end, where Cole preformed a decent school boy roll up for the victory.

Match Rating: 1/10

I give it 1 because of the ending, I was seriously shocked but otherwise this feud needs to END NOW!

I fast forwarded the Diva's match and the tag team match because no significance will come from it. Michelle Mccool loses and leaves WWE and Kharma comes out to beat her up with a finisher it looks like. Can't say anything about the tag match since there was no point for it.

20110414_xr_christian_del_rio.jpg

Alberto Del Rio vs Christian - for the World Heavyweight championship.

Ladders Match.

Interesting note is that neither of them have been world champion, but Christian is finally going to be able to achieve what so many want, his first title reign.

How symbolic is that he has to climb the ladder to get the championship when he's been climbing the ladder from the bottom up ever since he jumped ship for Total Nonstop Action, and Vince hated him for that. I guess he's getting over it now.

They exchange blows with ladders and outside the ring in a surprisingly slow match, but Christian is showing why he's a vet at these stipulations. A few close calls with Christian at the top, ADR's assistant Brodus Clay comes out. Edge comes out with a Truck honking the horn while Del Rio is at the top, distracting him while Christian pushes the ladder over and Del Rio falls onto Brodus Clay and his personal ring announcer. Edge comes to the ring to cheer his best friend (friends in real life too) on when he climbs the ladder, unhooking the championship and finally becoming a World Champion.

I'm not the biggest Christian fan but I'm glad he finally won his first title, well deserved.

Match Rating: 10/10

Not for the match but the emotion at the end for Christian winning the title, but the match itself is forgettable to say the least.

JohnMorrisonvsJohnCenavsTheMiz.jpg

The Miz © vs John Morrison vs John Cena - WWE Championship Steel Cage Match

The match starts with them in their corners then the Miz strikes first on Morrison and after a few close calls with Morrison doing his high flying onto the cage he comes close quite a few times, he closes the cage door when Miz was about to escape but then the Miz makes Morrison trip on the door to make him land on it in the nuts. Owch. Miz Drags him back in. Miz and Morrison slug each other on the top of the cage and then Miz and Cena slug it out. R-Truth comes out and beats up Morrison to get him out of the match then leaves. Cena Attitude Adjust's Miz onto the top turnbuckle and pins hims for the win.

Match Rating: 5/10

Very lackluster but Miz is showing better ring work while Morrison pulled off some more of his high flying moves. Super-Cena gets the title back after a year of not having it. (Pro-Cena fans are using that as an argument, but a counter is that he was feuding with Nexus all year and no championship was really involved)

Smaller matches added during the PPV:

Sheamus © vs Kofi Kingston - United States Championship Match - Tables Match

After a few of their signatures and such, Kofi jumps off the top turnbuckle onto Sheamus and crashes him through the table for the win. This was most likely (and obviously) a title exchange so that the US championship can stay on Raw so there's not two mid-card titles on Smackdown.

OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10

Final Thought:

That's a generous rating. Christian may be champion but the only match I remember is Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio and the WWE Championship match. Otherwise it's worth your money if you like wrestling, or anything like that. For a PPV called Extreme Rules I don't think the creative team of WWE knows what Extreme is. A falls count anywhere match isn't considered "extreme". That stipulation can be used for a PPV next month called Over the Limit, which I liked a little. In Conclusion, this review will probably turn out like crap so I'll be editting it if I see fit, otherwise I hope you enjoyed reading my pathetic review.

F|Amily forever

2011 Extreme Rules

Edited by Crasher