can anyone help me

screamer

hey guys , just a quick one to see if any server moguls could help me out , got a 22 slot server and wanna run jaymod on it , im clueless in what to do , dont even know where to start ,

was messin around with it for bout 5 hours yesterday and kinda got nowhere :)

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers in advance

hey guys , just a quick one to see if any server moguls could help me out , got a 22 slot server and wanna run jaymod on it , im clueless in what to do , dont even know where to start ,

was messin around with it for bout 5 hours yesterday and kinda got nowhere :)

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers in advance

You will need to download the jaymod server package (jaymod 2.1.7). Download it from http://www.jaymod.clanfu.org/download.php. If they aren't hosting it anymore just use google and find another source for it.

It will be a tar.tar file (compressed tarball), so you will need to extract it (winrar will work fine). Then copy and paste it into your server folder next to etmain.

There is a config file in there you can tweak to set many different settings (too numerouis to go in detail here). Many admins rename this to jayserver.cfg (or something unique like that). Run this name in your command line instead of server.cfg (see below).

In your server command line use this to make jaymod work:

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip ##.#.##.## +set net_port 27960 +set sv_maxclients 22 +set fs_game jaymod +exec server.cfg

(put your IP address in the ####s)

If you want custom maps, you can modify the objectivecycle.cfg file to run different maps instead of the original six.

For example:

set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ;

map venice; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "set g_gametype 2 ; map railgun ; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

You can also set up a custom config file for each map, let's say for example I want low gravity panzerwar for railgun I make a small file named railgun.cfg with this text in it:

set g_panzerWar "1"

set g_gravity "100"

Any questions let me know.