ET Windows 11 ET compatibility issues Condump, Demo, Screenshot issues

Magi

Posted (edited)

Hi all, just an issue I ran into after installing windows 11

I noticed that condump .txt, screenshots, and demos would not generate in appropriate (ex silent/jaymod/nq) folders the other night and I frantically started trying everything to get demos screenshots and .txt files to show up in et folders.

what I had found out was settings in ET that need to be enabled. Now, I did not need to do this in windows 10 but, I would assume if you have this issue in windows 10 you might need to enable the same settings since 

ET is an OLD game.

first, right click on ET Icon and go to properties

Screenshot(3).thumb.png.c13434e08137f655d93157291a559749.png

you will then be directed to the et Icon settings, click on compatibility and check mark and enable compatibility mode.

Screenshot(1).thumb.png.be0f471fae24d839001171edf00c75af.png

once enabled, if you are still having issues, enable security permissions in the app. this may not be needed but i needed to enable it for everything to work to get .txt files and folders for screenshots and demos to show up in my silent folders, i'll hop on jaymod and see if this works as well and repost. Id think it should be fine ***jaymod now shows .txt files, screenshot and demo folders***

***no quarter now shows .txt files, screenshot and demo folders***

click on security and click edit. enable allow all and click apply/ok

Screenshot(2).thumb.png.549fe23e22b17e8b545464a43dd6d9e8.png

Now that all has been configured, your demo and screenshot folders should generate in appropriate folders (ex silent/jaymod/nq) when you use console commands. it should also allow .txt files to be stored in said appropriate folders (ex silent/jaymod/nq) folders.

I hope this helps and I hope no one else has this issue. I was ready to pull the little hair I have left outta my head.

*****side note********    I am running 2.60b, if anyone is running legacy and doesn't have this issue I'd like to know, if not then it might just be this version

Edited by Magi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I run ETL 2.82.0 at win 11 with no problems, but if i will update to 2.82.1 , then my defender smartscreen  will not allow it, even i turned it off

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 7:35 AM, Leatherface said:

I run ETL 2.82.0 at win 11 with no problems, but if i will update to 2.82.1 , then my defender smartscreen  will not allow it, even i turned it off

/fixed

• Like 2