Display port no signal

This all started after windows updated the other day.  My main monitor running on display port suddenly won't get signal.  I pulled the hdmi from my second monitor and it works fine on my main, but then I'm stuck at low hz. 

I solved the problem by uninstalling the windows updates and reinstalling my vga drivers using the hdmi, then plugged the hdmi back into my second monitor and display cable into my main.  Everything worked fine for the night but then when I turned on my PC again today, same issue.  I can obviously reinstall the drivers to get it working again, but doing so every time I want to use my PC seems to be quite the hassle.

Running an asus vg248qe as my main on a display cable, and a cheap vizio 24' as my 2nd on hdmi.  Gfx card is a 3070ti driver version 511.79.  I came across quite a few others with this issue reading through forums, some found fixes and some didn't.  I obviously did but only a temporary and annoying one.  I'll probably start by trying some different vga drivers or possibly needing a newer display cable.  Forget the exact types, something like 2.0 or 2.1 cables.  Those numbers probably aren't correct but I'm sure you get my drift.

Any ideas? 

One day later and when I turned on my pc, same issue, but I couldn't get the display port to work at all like in the previous post.

So far I've tried a new display cable and 3 different vga drivers as well as messing with some of the drivers sertings with no luck.  Hdmi still works fine and display port still not detected. 

A guy at microcenter told me he ran into a similar issue with the cause being windows was trying to push too high of a res or hz or something and it was more than his monitor could take.  I've dug around my windows install but lack the knowledge of what this setting is or where to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.  About to reformat offline and install the system drivers to see how things go before plugging back in to the net and updating windows.

Tomorrow I plan on picking up some more hd's so I can install linux, which I was planning to do anyway, and see how  that goes.

Also tempted to go ahead and order the new monitor I want but was planning on waiting another month since I just dropped $400 on a chair a few days ago and $1000 on this card a few weeks ago. 

Plz help so I can be an adult and continue to budget correctly. I just want to play some ET 😢

I have some issues with my graphic card right now my screen goes black sometimes or different colors and sometimes there no connection between monitor with pc so what I did I put my GPU in the other PCI slot seems working right now idk for how long lol

Maybe your bios and mine too could use an update or tweaking. I have run into one bios issue with this mobo but that was before I got this card.  Also wondering if it could also be a power issue.  I have an 800w PSU but it has quite a few years on it now.

When I installed this card I could no longer use my UPS since it wasn't pushing enough wattage.  Going to get more powerful one soon but it's just another thing on my list of things to buy in the future.

Reformatting now.  If anyone knows how to turn windows 10 updates off for good, definitely let me know.  I tried one or two ways in the past but neither worked for me.

At the moment the problem seems solved.

Reformatted and first installed gfx drivers, same problem.  Then I installed all of my motherboard drivers and it started working.

Now to block windows 10 from ever updating again and breaking my PC... and then go through the hours of tweaking windows and reinstalling everything.  GG microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

15 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

Maybe your bios and mine too could use an update or tweaking. I have run into one bios issue with this mobo but that was before I got this card.  Also wondering if it could also be a power issue.  I have an 800w PSU but it has quite a few years on it now.

When I installed this card I could no longer use my UPS since it wasn't pushing enough wattage.  Going to get more powerful one soon but it's just another thing on my list of things to buy in the future.

Its enough I'm talking about power supply 800 and up for your GPU, 

Edited by Wolf