Old ET'ler returns - just want to share my 1st config expirience - hope for feedback

solatis

• Platinum VIP

Hi,

i'm an "ET-oldtimer". Played ET about 1.5 to 2 decades ago. Had some custom "menus" at those days,

Just starting came back to ET for a while (1-2 years ?).

Just realized i've forgotten nearly everything about scripting but search this forum (and some other sources) to start to get back into it - just for fun.

Long preface short sense: just want to get feedback on my "first" scripting "experiances".

The idea behind it:

Some kind of "custom menu" for vsay-chats not included in the normal vsay-menu, quick-spawn-menu with approperiate vsay-messsage, using "shorcuts" for messages as described in: 

But be aware - the "shorcuts" have to be in lower-case to work properly (other than the orginal post say for example:

[A]

But it needs to be:

[a]

And be aware that it overwrite bindings / has to be re-written to fit your bindings.

Within `// menu - default-bindings` set your default bindins.

For `// menu - overwritten bindings` adjust the binding to your needs.

So here is my 1st try for utilizing this:

quarz-menu-2022-03-12.cfg

But it's not real perfect - as it's not a real menu but just a text echoed (and may often be "scrolled-off" very fast if there are many players).

But please let me know your thoughts. Or improvement suggestions. Or criticism.

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 2