Ubuntu LInux x32 (x86).

Fleischer Ulf

Hello, Yesterday i installed Linux to try it, because i heard many times it's lag free (most of tormentium >D).

And it is lag free and perfect for playing on every server.

But there is 2 programs i need to get for linux which are very important for me.

That would be "Xfire" and "Razer DeathAdder" Mouse driver (Normal one with 1800 dpi).

Xfire support only WIndows, but i heard there are some options to get it works at linux and i don't know how.

Almost same for my mouse driver (Razer drivers supports only Windows and Mac).

If someone have useful informations to help me with this, i would be very thankful!

Edited by Fleischer Ulf

Nice , to be honest is almost the same to me i barely get lag either way i cant play any other games on linux so it suks and booting from one os to and other just to play et i guess is already if ur still in love with et , do get xfire working you need to download pidgin witch is a open client for all im software like msm ,yahoo, aim and the rest to have xfire you need to add the gfire plugin check it out . http://gfireproject.org/

• Like 1

Nop, it isn't there.

I also got problem with Sounds in game, its setted to 44 khz but still ain't works.

I noticed when i reboot pc everytime i sound controlorer is at 0 % Volume.

When i raise it to 100 % it says "Waiting for sound system to respond".

I can listen music normaly on youtube or pc (linux), also when sounds was working fine some hours ago, everytime i loged into linux it started some song.

Now i don't hear anything.

Pidgin (gfire): before i was able to hear when someone send me message, now i don't.

I tried go set up something here: System-->Preferences-->Sound options, but it says same message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed by this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1495061

Now still stay Razer DA mouse driver

Edited by Fleischer Ulf

They don't have Linux drivers for Razer mice. I looked a couple months ago when I set up Linux. Unless they made some recently.

My Razer Naga retains my settings that I configured with the Naga Configurator in Windows. The mouse has memory. Any changes I make to my Naga in Windows are still there in Linux. Haven't tested any Razer macros but it works with sensitivity changes and polling rates.

My personal pet peeve with Linux is it doesn't always work when I do a condump or take a video. Half of the files do not appear in the Jaymod or etmain folders. Some do. Seems random. Not good when you ban someone and can't find the files.

• 2 weeks later...