Gamescom 2010!

Fearless News

Now I'm back at my desk in Stockholm watching all the wonderful commentsand remembering those awesome moments. I have returned to Stockholm with a newmindset on things and this Gamescom Event has really been some of the bestthings I have ever done. We had something really exciting for people whoattended Gamescom. This was all about the Community. Events like the"Korean BBQ" and the EA Community Party was something really special.

I was picked up at the Düsseldorf Airport by members from the GermanCommunity Team. I had only spoken to them on Teamspeak as we had dogtagchallenges and were playing with the Community. As I met Andreas Koch I wouldcome to realize he is one of the funniest and hard working Community Managersout there.

After meeting up we drove to the nice city of Cologne. Of course if youchecked my tweets you’d know there is no speed limit on some parts of the Autobahnand with  The German Community Managerfor the Battlefield Games "Gamma" at the wheel I would feel jetlaggedfor years to come. 

So we dropped everyone off, went to our apartment, dumped our things andmoved on to visit the Convention Center in Cologne for Gamescom.

Of course as usual something always goes wrong; they couldn't find myExhibitor Ticket so they printed a Trade Visitor ticket. Here it is:

Tickets.jpg

With the temporary ticket fixed we got ready to set everything up in theEA Community Lounge for the days to come.

The Battlefield Event

The Battlefield Event the next day was held between 9 and 12. I had thechance to meet some of the most hardcore gamers and fans from the GermanCommunity and I was also very impressed by their knowledge and dedication forthe game. The “Questions and Answers” session was a great way for me to actuallyface the ideas and issues raised by the Community. Many questions about the maps, mod tools and community came up.  I'm taking the whole chunkwith me to Stockholm. A big thumbs-up to you guys!

We gave out dogtags and merchandise. You can see some of the pictureshere:

IMG_5F00_1405.jpg zh1nt0camera.jpg    

Community

Now, as you may have seen in a few pictures there were some really comfy beanbags in the EA Community Lounge. We grabbed a few of them and started talking about Game- and Communtiy related things. This was a really good relaxed way for everyone to get their questions answered.

IMG_5F00_1454.jpg IMG_5F00_1452.jpg   

Now there were also some interesting guys from the German ModdingCommunity called "Operation Peace Keeping" that presented me with asteelcase. This case contained loads of wishes for Battlefield 3. Of course Iwanted to get in on that since thea idea was presented very creatively.

IMG_5F00_1450.jpg IMG_5F00_1475.jpg IMG_5F00_1491.jpg    

The Community events kept on coming. We went to a Korean BBQ Restaurantand had some really delicious food. We gave out prizes to some people who hadpulled some extra weight in the German Community and they were also thanked.Here are some pictures of it.

dsc0002.jpg dsc0042.jpg dsc0048.jpg   

We were all very tired on Saturday but this was the perfect day to makethe last push for it. Meeting with the Community in the EA Lounge once againand also speaking to a representative from a Female Gaming Community Site calledZockerweibchen :). Thank you very much for that interesting conversation andlots of good ideas! Let's get something going for the Female Gaming Communityas well.

zockerweibchen.jpg

And so we had the EA Community Party at EA in Cologne. This event was ahuge success. Thank you to everyone who took their time to provide us with freefood and drinks and some Rock Band for us to rock out on. Battlefield related:“1April”, akaDominik Herbst, won the Battlefield Community Award for his awesome job onwww.bfbcs.com.

IMG_5F00_1606.jpg IMG_5F00_1664.jpg IMG_5F00_1667.jpg IMG_5F00_1712.jpg   

I have also met so many interesting people and had so many interestingconversations about Battlefield and also Community Management. It's really hardto describe the feeling I have now, since it's just overwhelming with positiveenergy and I can't wait to kick off some really cool community-related stufffor the BF Community. So a big thank you to everyone who attended Gamescom and madeit such a great event. Also, a big thanks to the dedicated German fanbase thatmade it to Gamescom and a big thank you to everyone who followed the stream ofnews on twitter.

If you want to view pictures or read up on Gamescom from a Battlefield viewthere are several sites where you can check it out. I hope I get the chance tosee everyone next year again or even sooner! :)

Check out this video from the EA Community Party and the DICE-crew rocking out on Rockband :)

(Please visit the site to view this media)

To view more pictures from this event you can visit the following sites:

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/de/news

http://www.bf-games.net/

http://www.battlefield-company.de/

http://www.bf-news.de/

http://www.figh7club.com/

// zh1nt0

aggbug.aspx?PostID=29727

View the full article