About This File
Obscurity is a Call of Duty 4 modification created by Falcar and Snakelet.
The original concept was based on the classic movie, Predator. We wanted to pit a squad of marines against an alien being with advanced technologies that was capable of being a one man army.
In v1, the Obscurity were seen as a cloudy puff of smoke, that emitted a static sound when moving. They could freeze position mid-jump and had a rifle that could switch positions with the target. There was also plenty of gore and locational damage, along with night maps. This provided the foundations for the mod, which we have since expanded into a full blown total conversion of the multiplayer componant of COD4.
Obscurity v2 is being made because after learning all the processes and techniques from building v1, we believed we could create a better version of the mod. Obscurity v2 provides a completely new way of playing COD4 online, and we have added various unique features that you will not see in any other COD4 modifications.
Obscurity allows players to either play as a marine, with the odds pitted against them, or play as an Obscurity, a creature created to hunt down and destroy its prey.
What's New in Version v2
- Some features unique to Obscurity include:
- Locational Knife Damage
- Directional HUD Blood Spatter
- Burning Players with Directional Flame
- Day/Night Progressive Cycles
- Unique Gameplay & Gamemodes
- Unique Obscurity Weapons
- All New Perks & Perk 4 Category
- Enhanced/Balanced Marine Weaponry
- Enhanced Sounds of Battle
- Obscurity Taunts
- Fully Implemented Squad Creation Feature
- Fully functional Pyro & Flamethrower in VIP
- No HUD