• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

B-day parts.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AzuShika

AzuShika

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 34 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:7
Aye guys, my dad's told me that he'll give me $200 for my b-day and I wanna get new graphics cards (currently have 2x 8800Gt's in SLI)

Anyway, I'm thinking of going for 2 of these 5770's and chucking them on crossfire.
Hopefully I'll be ordering these tomorrow night, unless someone reckons that something else (for around the same price) would be better.

Edit: I myself have around $200 to play with ontop of what dad's giving me.

Lolol, sorry, wasn't really thinking when I posted this, can a mod move this to hardware section? Cheers.

Edited by AzuShika, 10 March 2010 - 05:17 AM.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

!Chuck4Abuck

!Chuck4Abuck

loser

• Busted Cheater
  • 1,905 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
nice! you could allways get a 5870 and after get 2th one ? it sounds better to me , u still would get the fastest single gpu out right now and would def out preform your 2 8800

AzuShika

AzuShika

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 34 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:7

nice! you could allways get a 5870 and after get 2th one ? it sounds better to me , u still would get the fastest single gpu out right now and would def out preform your 2 8800

Interesting point, I should be able to throw another 100 or so at it, but I'm not sure whether a single 5870 will out perform 2x5770s..
Seems I got more reading to do :3

<Jose>

<Jose>

L3: Novice

• Banned
  • 256 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:0
id get the 5870, and maybe chuck in another 1 later.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

On-IoN

• ET Member
  • 1,998 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:14
  • Server:None
  • Steam ID:https://steamcommunity.com/id/DarkPrinny
Contributor

Interesting point, I should be able to throw another 100 or so at it, but I'm not sure whether a single 5870 will out perform 2x5770s..
Seems I got more reading to do :3

The 2x5770's will have higher performance and will be cheaper by $100 ($339 for 2 XFX 5770's, $439 for 1 XFX 5870) but if you have the money, go for a 5870 if you can fit it in your case (11-12 inches long so its 2-3 inches longer than the normal video card)

Advantages of 1 5870:
won't obstruct airflow as much, less watage than using 2 vid cards, will be more quiet obviously and trust me 1 5870 can play absolutely anything for the 10 years easily.
-also in the future when the 5870 reaches the point where it is struggling to play games, you can xfire for better performance and maybe even tri-crossfire.

EDIT: Also Happy Birthday :yahoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users