Enemy territory hard freeze

lostcause

you sure you made a clean et install, maybe your config or the etkey are what causing this problem like anni said, would recommend -window mode but since it's a hardfreeze wouldn't be much of help here :(

Did you installed Ai Suite II or III? In the past this convenient software (avoids to reboot each time you want to change some settings), also messed up the stability of my rig. The Ai Suite III seems a bit less messed than past versions but in case. I fixed all this in uninstalling it and removing modules\services left with a little prog I got on Asus ROG site (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner).

Does your rig run under overclocked settings? I also own an Asus mobo on my rig, so this might help. Enter and check your Bios settings (press F1 or delete during reboot).

Some parameters to test:

- if power usage is unbridled on Windows and\or your graphic treatment setting is overclocked. Disabling the "EPU Power Saving Mode" under the extrems tweaker tab might help.

- start with X.M.P profile, loaded from DRAM modules to set optimal settings for overall hardware, might help for stability.

- disabling the BCLK helps in the OCing of proc and RAM. My rig crashed or it made it unstable each time I had forgotten to disable it with OCed settings.

- if still nothing, reset whole settings and set the default ones.

Edited by Ann!b@l

you sure you made a clean et install, maybe your config or the etkey are what causing this problem like anni said, would recommend -window mode but since it's a hardfreeze wouldn't be much of help here :(

No offence dude, I'm sure I know how to do a fresh install, I've even created a new partition with linux ubuntu(mint) and had issues there. I've tried everything.

Did you installed Ai Suite II or III? In the past this convenient software (avoids to reboot each time you want to change some settings), also messed up the stability of my rig. The Ai Suite III seems a bit less messed than past versions but in case. I fixed all this in uninstalling it and removing modules\services left with a little prog I got on Asus ROG site (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner).

Does your rig run under overclocked settings? I also own an Asus mobo on my rig, so this might help. Enter and check your Bios settings (press F1 or delete during reboot).

Some parameters to test:

- if power usage is unbridled on Windows and\or your graphic treatment setting is overclocked. Disabling the "EPU Power Saving Mode" under the extrems tweaker tab might help.

- start with X.M.P profile, loaded from DRAM modules to set optimal settings for overall hardware, might help for stability.

- disabling the BCLK helps in the OCing of proc and RAM. My rig crashed or it made it unstable each time I had forgotten to disable it with OC settings.

- if still nothing, reset whole settings and to set the default ones.

I'm a first time owner of this type of ASUS mobo, so I guess all of this might be the case, gonna get onto it right now and check it out. I do have AI suite installed, so going to remove that and do the tests you've suggested. :)

I've not oc'd the machine one bit, so will check in the bios for some other settings.

Edited by lostcause