• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

[Solved] window 7 & punkbuster problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

InZo009

InZo009

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 64 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:6
  • Server:Jay1
hello! ETholics!

i ve got a connection problem and i searched for this one but couldn't find solution.

i installed newly ET on my Window 7 OS system to update my PB GUID number. but as soon as i connect to F|A jaymod server #1, PB kicked me with message of "Communication Failure : PnkBstrA.exe".

i updated punkbuster 3.4 without any script (i don't use or set script at all but basic preference in ET option)

what should i do?

ps) omg! i chose the wrong board to ask a question. if admin see my topic, plz move this one to ET support board. i thought i can delete my topic. :-(
Thank u in advance.

Problem Solved)

I followed the instruction of -=Medic=- but I got another problem. there was no PnkbrstrA or PnkburstB in the System Service list.

I thought things may be different in ET with in COD4.

So I copied and pasted PnkbrstrA.exe and PnkbrstrB.exe from my another computer in which window XP and ET are installed

to System32 in Window 7 and then did the same job as one in the instruction.

But it didn't work. :-( There was still "Communication failure : PnkbrsterA" Error.

I thought again and again. AT Last I found my mistake. :-)

I had to check both ET.exe and ETDED.exe "Run this program as Administrator" option ON

in their properties as well as ET.lnk in my desktop screen.

I was really in the stew whenever I connected to the server. :-) but now I am happy to be able to play ET without any error or being kicked by PB.

Thank u for yer info, Medic!

Edited by ninzo009, 04 February 2010 - 07:46 PM.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

L10: Grand Master

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor
Follow those 2 tutorials in order :hmm

follow this tutorial http://fearless-assa...ate-punkbuster/

then follow this one http://fearless-assa...xe-pnkbstrbexe/

both tutorial are made under windows 7, and don't forget little restart for your pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users