Xbox 720 To Rely Heavily On Kinect 2.0; Able To Run Multiple Games [Rumor]

Jopa

xbox-720-kinect-multitask.jpeg

As for final hardware specs, the next Xbox will reportedly include a 64-bit D3D11.x 800MHz GPU, 8-core x64 1.6GHz 4MB L2 processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB of on-board memory, USB 3.0, HDMI-out and an optical drive that will read 50GB discs.

• Like 1

Sounds good but one problem that would a big issue for me is.... I heard that you cannot use pre-owned game and all game will require live to play  :mellow:​ now to me that is totally  ridiculous.

Wow. If that is true, I think more people would prefer the ps4

That would be stupid to require all games to have Live. Like Latino said, people will resort to the ps4 due to the fact that the online gaming is free. What would be the difference between the Xbox 360 and the 720? The specs obviously, but what will make the gameplay any better?

What would be the difference between the Xbox 360 and the 720? The specs obviously, but what will make the gameplay any better?

That's more down to the game developers. I supposed the extra room that a 50GB disc offers should hopefully result in longer, better gameplay, but I doubt it as they'll probably use it for "amazing" graphics.

Just for the record: exactly the same rumors where told for the ps4 :P

They turned out to be false, so I'm going with the xbox 720 will be able to play used copies and you won't have to be always online (live)

• Like 1

That's more down to the game developers. I supposed the extra room that a 50GB disc offers should hopefully result in longer, better gameplay, but I doubt it as they'll probably use it for "amazing" graphics.

"Amazing" graphics would be nice. Just hope it has a good enough fan to keep it from overheating.. And they really need to fix the "red ring of death" or whatever it's called, more and more of my friends xbox's are getting this and crashing. If its not fixed, more people will go to ps4's as well...

Why would anyone want to play multiple games at the same time?

"Oh look at me I just finished Halo 4 on legendary AND called in an AGR in Black Ops."

:lol  And what happens if the Kinect fails? "Xbox 720 to rely heavily on Kinect.." Your Xbox would be screwed.

Edited by CJ Brewer aka .nAbish?

:lol  And what happens if the Kinect fails? "Xbox 720 to rely heavily on Kinect.." Your Xbox would be screwed.

As much as I like the Xbox, my first thought was: "I think the Xbox would fail before the Kinect" xD

Ah well, we shall see when they finally release it :)