Warz: scam?

Jefke

I personally have been suspicious (without a real reason :P) from the start.

But stuff seem to explode now and my feeling about this 'game' gets confirmed :P

Well, 'confirmed' by a rather angry ex-mod and this fuss seems to started on reddit... So how much of a 'prove' it is, is also kind of dodgy ^^ :

EX-Forum Mod Devin here. Let me tell ya some stuff you can spout on for a new youtube video smile.png

My forum account was hacked, my fault, they deleted a lot of posts. I was de-modded and banned, got my computer secure, re-modded and unbanned and took care of business as usual. Except their company is full of dumb f***s and didn't backup the forums at all. No backups whatsoever.

Sergay then took it upon himself to tell Kewk to demote me for my f***up that could have been reversed if they were not so f***ing stupid.

I then made a post on the forums about how I knew this was coming; and I was sorry and would not long be supporting a company that did not support their unpaid volunteer Moderators that spent over 100+ hours answering THEIR CUSTOMERS questions and concerns as well as relaying them the ideas the community had for their bullshit game.

I was then banned for making a "Rage quit" thread permanent and here is the even funnier part my in-game account banned under the excuse I requested a refund

So, since I didn't sign any sort of NDA for those f***faces here are some interesting facts.

WarZ is a direct port over from War Inc. They literally took the game and added NPCs, made a large map, and changed around camera angles and gun settings while adding more functionality and switching over some things. ALL ART however was actually done in-house by their amazing ART team. (Those were the best guys to know, they were in touch more with the community than Kewk)

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

Their anti-hack is actually functional but here's the kicker..wanna know WHY their bans are TEMPORARY the first time around? 0.8% hacking? Try an EXTREMELY LARGE PORTION of the player base is hacking. If they banned everyone they'd have a mass refund issue on their hands, and no one to play their piss poor of an excuse game.

they plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them (I.E. People are not buying GC and spending the f*** out of it) -- take note, if they do not get ENOUGH revenue. They will have enough revenue to pay for the game development for over a year at this point in time already, but if they don't get enough to give themselves regular raises they will stop making the game and shut down the servers and website.

Here is a "Proof of ban" picture & a proof of me NOT requesting a refund.

proofofban.png

warzpaymentproof.png

Source of quote isn't reddit, couldn't find it there anymore: click

Ah well, for the time being I'm going to get some popcorn and enjoy the show

• Like 1

99% of games that are free to play or buy to play with additional costs... are scams. They're designed to bleed the player's wallets. Even those that claim: A: You can get everything with in game currency! or B: It's not needed to play the game! -- It's all bullshit. -_-

It's why, for a few years, I stuck to pirating games. So many game companies now a days are turning out this way. Buy a game, awesome. Enjoy it, have fun and then the next thing you know, all additional content that should have come with the game.. is 20 bucks+. Look at the new line of FPS games and season passes...

This situation actually happened to a bunch of us over at another Free to Play game a few years back. Many of us were community helpers, made to deal with moron customers and complaints... 'persuaded' to talk the company up...and then 'fired' and banned off when we spoke up about something that wasn't right. My best friend Kay was permabanned FIVE times due to one Product Manager that had a rage boner against her. As soon as she made a new account, he'd find her within 15 minutes... So I can actually believe that this 'Mod' went through this abuse.

Most MMO companies should not be trusted. Hell, most gaming companies these days at that. It's getting sad how game development has begun to evolve.

99% of games that are free to play or buy to play with additional costs... are scams. They're designed to bleed the player's wallets. Even those that claim: A: You can get everything with in game currency! or B: It's not needed to play the game! -- It's all bullshit. -_-

It's why, for a few years, I stuck to pirating games. So many game companies now a days are turning out this way. Buy a game, awesome. Enjoy it, have fun and then the next thing you know, all additional content that should have come with the game.. is 20 bucks+. Look at the new line of FPS games and season passes...

This situation actually happened to a bunch of us over at another Free to Play game a few years back. Many of us were community helpers, made to deal with moron customers and complaints... 'persuaded' to talk the company up...and then 'fired' and banned off when we spoke up about something that wasn't right. My best friend Kay was permabanned FIVE times due to one Product Manager that had a rage boner against her. As soon as she made a new account, he'd find her within 15 minutes... So I can actually believe that this 'Mod' went through this abuse.

Most MMO companies should not be trusted. Hell, most gaming companies these days at that. It's getting sad how game development has begun to evolve.

I know :P

Although I haven't pirated games for a really long time. I just went indie. I got a lot more trust is smaller studios than the big companies (I'm sure most on the forums here have seen me ranting against EA and Activision :P)

Although I currently enjoying planetside 2, which is a f2p game.

But even with that game some people will say it's pay 2 win (I disagree for the most part, guns might be a bit expensive during 'normal' timeperiods)

But this game seems the be a real giant cash cow, even worse than all the other games I ever know for being 'pay2win'.

• 3 weeks later...

Well WarZ was 'released' today.. and Holy shit! LOl So much hate...

What's even more sad? So many people defending what seems to be a terrible company.

I looked at the game.. checked the video and the screenshots and was actually tempted into buying the game... Until I found out that the video/screenshots were CONCEPT images and not actual in game items. I also love that it is overrun with hackers.. and their anti-cheat system is a BAIT system that can even get innocent players banned.

An interesting website to check out about this:

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

Also, check the steam forums... The arguments are terrific!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/

A Zombie Survival MMO should never be left up to money grubbing shit-head 'item mall' companies. Ever. They'll always turn out like this. :P

Well WarZ was 'released' today.. and Holy shit! LOl So much hate...

What's even more sad? So many people defending what seems to be a terrible company.

I looked at the game.. checked the video and the screenshots and was actually tempted into buying the game... Until I found out that the video/screenshots were CONCEPT images and not actual in game items. I also love that it is overrun with hackers.. and their anti-cheat system is a BAIT system that can even get innocent players banned.

An interesting website to check out about this:

http://warzscam.tumblr.com/

Also, check the steam forums... The arguments are terrific!

http://steamcommunit...00/discussions/

A Zombie Survival MMO should never be left up to money grubbing shit-head 'item mall' companies. Ever. They'll always turn out like this. :P

I would almost give them the 15 dollar just for the enjoyment I got from reading that tumblr and steam forums the last hour :P

Ow there also is a petition for a refund, got something of 730 signatures ^^

The best thing I found about this game, was the fact the eula was the LOL eula (they probably 'fixed' that)

Edited by DrJoske

OMG. These replies are fantastic! :D

The cold hard truth.

I am not going to lie to any of you, I am not going to condemn it to video game hell for its bugs, I am not going to put it up on the pedestle of God. The game is fun, but it still needs work. While I know there are alot of people around that are of low intelligence. That is no reason to treat the game like satan. The game will drag itself out of the mud eventually.

Beta, Beta, BETA! Understand the meaning of this. Give them the time they need to experiment and change things to work better for a future better game instead of crucifying it because the description is a little predated or you get killed by a bandit.

Dont listen to people that say you get banned for no reason. To be frank, they are madbro. I have seen the devs comming into servers and laying down the law. If someone is banned then they did something to deserve it.

There are hackers, as in all multiplayer games. Some games they might not be as prominent but they exist. Here there are quite a few, if you die to them, suck it up and go somewhere else.

/thread

Last edited by Wishmaster; 36 minutes ago

Solidus 33 minutes ago

Most games released nowadays are beta, most games DONT even work when they are released from BIG companies

This game is cheap and people are pissed because what ? game missing content ? grow the ♥♥♥♥ up. This game has more content than DayZ had in short time.

Eventually this game will be update more and more and i bet those winners will come back.

=TC= Blo0DxSh0T 2 minutes ago

you ppl that hate on this game are just skilless ♥♥♥♥in noobs and thats that.You get killed and start crying like lil ♥♥♥♥♥es.Yea there some hax but name one mp game out there that dosn't have hax.Didn't think so cause they all do.Now that its on steam it will get better AC.This game is absolutly awesome.Don't listen to the babues who just str8 up suck

brekki 48 minutes ago

To all idiots saying that the game is in Beta or Alpha, its not.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/856/feature/6970

We’re launching what we call the “Foundation Release” on December 17th. IE –we won’t be in Beta anymore, yet as with all online games now days this will not be the end of the development, but just the beginning. It just means that at this point we believe that game has all the BASIC features we want to see there. In late December or early 2013, we'll turn on Stronghold servers hosting and it will mean that completely new meta gameplay begins.

Too funny...