Quick switch between audio devices (ex. speakers and USB headset)

Jefke

Well I recently bought the logitech G35 headset, which is an USB headset. It works great, but there was just one thing which bother me: switching between speakers and headset. I didn't want to disconnect my headset everytime I want to use my speakers and selecting everytime the standard device via windows menu took to long...

So I went googling the stuff and found some programmes, but neither of them work until I found Win7AudioSwitcher.

It's a free and easy-to-use programme:

There are 2 ways to switch between the devices:

-Go to the icon (post-1-0-31263900-1522438423.png) in the system tray, right click on it and select the device you want.

-use the hotkeys: ctrl+alt+ one of the F-keys (F1,F2,F3, ...)

In the system tray you can select a couple of things:

-show noticifications: if checked a little textballoon will pop-up when you switch audio devices.

-show gadget: if checked a window will open with information about your devices.

download: https://sourceforge....ioswitch/files/

Side notes:

-the program doesn't launch on windows start up, to make sure it does you can add it to your startup folder:

• Click the Start button , click All Programs, right-click the Startup folder, and then click Open.
  • Open the location that contains the item to which you want to create a shortcut.
  • Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.
  • Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder.
-With the logitech g35 headset, you can bind your 'G-keys' do switch between audio devices.

credits to the maker of this program: Nick AgN