Usefulness of TF2 Weaponry

Crasher

This isn't going to be a overly detailed tutorial. Maybe someone on the forums wants to play, but doesn't know which weapons to use. I'll give some suggestions.

(When I say "stock" it means the weapons they give you when you start the game fresh.)

Scout

- The stock scattergun is good for starters, but the soda popper is the most useful in most situations like arena and 2fort. Shortstop comes in 2nd because of it's fast firepower like a pistol but has the power of a scattergun.

- Mad milk or crit-a-cola (if not using soda popper) should be used in the 2nd slot instead of the stock pistol

- Sandman or Fan of War should be used for melee..both are great.

Soldier

- The stock rocket launcher is the best overall for the soldier, I would only pick that unless you want to have fun with other rocket launchers

- The reserve shooter should be used for the 2nd slot

- The equalizer should be used for melee, the less health you have the more damage it does, but it blocks healing from medics (can still pick up medkits on ground)

Pyro

- The backburner should be used for the main slot. It does more damage and rarely do you airblast soldiers unless you're good at it. I see people use the degreaser but I think it sucks.

- Flare gun no doubt for the secondary. The only way to get a ranged attack in is with this gun.

- Melee varies...most of the melee weapons are all good in their own way. Just pick whichever.

Demoman

- Stock grenade launcher should be used, Loch n load sucks unless you can aim real well.

- Secondary depends..if you're going to be a hybrid demonight/man then you pick a chargin' targe or a splendid screen here. If you're going to be full out demoman then pick scottish resistance here.

- Melee should be the Eyelander or the Persian persuader.

Heavy

- Main minigun should be the stock minigun or tomislav. People (like me at some point) like to use brass beast, but it's just too slow unless you're good at being heavy...then it owns big time.

- Sandvich here no brainer, family business sucks and so does the other foods.

- Fists of steel are good if you don't do melee otherwise pick a different set of gloves The running ones are good with tomislav.

Engineer

- Frontier justice over the stock shotgun. It's more powerful and when your sentry is destroyed you get revenge critical hits with it.

- Put in the Wrangler than the stock pistol. Wrangler is a remote control which gives your sentry more health plus you can control it.

- For the wrench pick the southern hospitality or the gunslinger. Gunslinger makes it so you can make a mini sentry with less cost and set up fast. Southern hospitality makes people bleed on contact for 3 or so seconds. Good for killing spies when they try and sap you.

Sniper

- Stock sniper rifle is good, the Machina can be good if you're a seasoned sniper, otherwise pick the stock sniper rifle. If you're good you can get non scoped headshots in this game with it.

- Jarate for the secondary. Exposes spies and is good for meleeing. (gives you min-crits on contact) also extinguishes fires on your teammates or yourself

- Bushwaka or Tribesman shiv for the melee slot

Medic

- The stock medigun gives invincibility for a short time, Kritzkrieg gives critical hits for a short time. Pick either of these.

- The syringe gun that's best is the Blutsauger it gives you 3 hit points when you hit

- The melee sets are all situational. Pick whichever you want

Spy

- Pistols are situational.. if you can get non scoped headshots then the Ambassador is for you, if you like more damage than the Enforcer is for you.

- Stock knife is great, I would just stay with that.

- Dead ringer watch or Cloak and dagger watch are both good in their own right.

Again this is not suppose to be fancy, just a little guide for people who are starting TF2.

Yeah really nice overview but I want to make some remarks:

Engineer: gunslinger is more for 'attacking' engi I think EDIT: have to change my mind ^^

Sniper: 'the jarate' and the 'Bushwaka' are just made for each other, that combo is so dam lethal. So I would forget 'Tribesman shiv' (although also a good weapon )

Spy: you didn't mentioned: 'your eternal reward' :o : one of the greatest weapons in-game (but it's an overview for beginning players and 'your eternal reward' isn't really a beginner weapons so I understand)

ADD-ON (nothing to do with tut ^^)

medieval servers:

DEMOMAN:

-use one of the 2 shields: 'Chargin' Targe' or 'Splendid Screen' (I always use chargin' targe, but I don't have the other one ^^)

-use 'Half-Zatoichi' (instant full health restore on kill) or Eyelander (if you are used to medieval server and can get many kills and enough heads) => I prefer 'half-zatoichi'

(-play spiral knight (free) to get the tf2 hat: does nothing it just looks nice ^^)

SNIPER:

-use 'the huntsman' => the bow: you can ignite the arrows by holding them into the fires

-use 'Tribesman shiv' => bleeding effect is really handy

MEDIC

-you can use 'Crusader's Crossbow' => you have then a distance weapon

HEAVY

-DO NOT USE 'FIST OF STEEL' (100% more melee damage hurts in medieval server XD)

Edited by DrJoske

Uhm... Crusader's crossbow is terrible. It can't kill anything.

Fists of steel is useful for tanking other heavies or when you're approaching someone.

The Jag is useless, it only counts towards making things, not upgrading, which upgrading is what you do the most.

The YEW for the Spy is terrible for starting players, giving up disguise kit is a big negative.

Half Zatoichi is terrible, I've used it before and it can get you screwed most of the time, Eyelander or Persian Persuader are best, sometimes the Scottsman Skullcrusher too.

Huntsman is all luck, and if your opponent has enough brain cells, they can dodge the clearly shiny colored arrow coming at you.

Uhm... Crusader's crossbow is terrible. It can't kill anything.

Fists of steel is useful for tanking other heavies or when you're approaching someone.

The Jag is useless, it only counts towards making things, not upgrading, which upgrading is what you do the most.

The YEW for the Spy is terrible for starting players, giving up disguise kit is a big negative.

Half Zatoichi is terrible, I've used it before and it can get you screwed most of the time, Eyelander or Persian Persuader are best, sometimes the Scottsman Skullcrusher too.

Huntsman is all luck, and if your opponent has enough brain cells, they can dodge the clearly shiny colored arrow coming at you.

In the second part I was talking about MEDIEVAL servers ;)

fist of steels are complete useless there: 100% extra damage hurts, half zatoichi is really usefull there and crossbow sucks indeed everywhere except in the medieval servers (gives you some ranged weapon), same goes for the huntsman although I just love it to use.

mmm... you changed my mind about the jag ^^ (long time not used => the difference are really dam small :s)