Mac does not support xfire, however, there is a way to communicate with fellow F|A members by using Adium & xblaze software for Mac. Here is how to do it:
- Create an xfire account online - http://www.xfire.com/
Hintâ€¦you will also be creating a username in adium. I think you need to set up both xfire and adium with the same user name, i did it that way to make it easier to remember user names. My username for both xfire and adium is iamcicione
YOU WILL NOT DOWNLOAD XFIRE, ONLY SET UP A USER ACCOUNT
- Download adium for mac - http://download.cnet.com/Adium/3000-2150_4-10281562.html
- Download xblaze for mac - http://download.cnet.com/XBlaze/3000-2150_4-193660.html
- You must install adium 1st, then you can install xblaze as it is a modification to the adium software allowing access to xfire.
- The problem that I ran into when setting up adium was the auto prompt screens will ask you to select a messenger service. Until xblaze is installed, you wonâ€™t have xfire shown as an option.
- Once both are installed you can set up or edit an Adium account via â€œpreferencesâ€. Select xfire as the messenger service. You can now communicate with F|A members online by opening adium on your pc.
In order to use adium during game play, your COD must not be running in full screen mode. To change your COD from full screen mode, press Cmd D during the start-up of your COD game. It may take you a couple of times to time it right to get the popup screen for display change. It is all about the timing of pressing Cmd (command) and â€œDâ€ buttons simultaneously upon start-up.
You can change the screen size in your game options to best fit your preference. Now, you can toggle between both adium & COD in game, without having to exit COD game to communicate.