Unstable connections making players impossible to hit

laggermcjagger

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Cit0 said:

I feel that this is achieved also in some cases on purpose and generated to be so

try generating it - it will not be fun to play. This theory has been debunked many times. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, daredevil said:

try generating it - it will not be fun to play. This theory has been debunked many times. 

k

I will build and attempt with proper authorization only.   Thank you :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So were you able to emulate this on purpose? 

Still sort of curious about all this. Aiming in ET is not hard. As many will know when this happens a prone can sometimes save you or land a shot.  Or better yet does anyone have a decent config file or idea of what I should have in my config as some one with a solid gaming rig and a ping of around 40- 120 or so?

This problem still exists for me. I can aim, aiming isn't hard. Players learn that in a few years it' snot rocket science. Hit boxes aren't hard but the game still seems to suffer from these sort of issues. 

Perhaps I'll take a few videos eventually to show what i'm experiencing more clearly.  it's not aim, I can land a shot, HS all day especially with bawts but when you play with real players and  with different connections, configs some are almost impossible to hit...if not impossible. I've easily played many times making the most HS and I know HS isn't everything but aiming in ET isn't hard. Though some people make nearly impossible shots. :D

Any more insight on this? What should my config file look like?

Edited by laggermcjagger

• Administrators

Aiming in ET is hard then people think. 

If me and @Aniky play - on US or Euro machine - now - he would own each single time because I Just really suck now. Before in 2007 - i might give him tough time but now I stand no chance against him no matter what ping - which server. That's reality and I need to accept it. 

People who make impossible shot are well experienced and play by their instinct -of map, gameplay, etc. I can sometimes launch pre-fire and 70% i will git hit - for some it would be 'wow' and for me - meh experienced speaking. 

If you have been playing this game for 10 years - doesn't mean you will get expert - each single time - you got to give your best or else once you go out of league like me - you will struggle like shit. Here are some screenshots from my past days - when DSL - 1Mbps internet was a thing and dual core servers  with 2GB max RAM existed - 

Able to pull 50% accuracy in many maps without any hassle even with laggy internet -  see my ping bar in lagometer.  This where the days - when we played hard with good players on 64 slot server. 

So now when I see players shouting OMG cheat cheat cheat - when I don't see any cheat, I chuckle and move on. I can't change any one perspective but our AC works much better then PB ever did. And I have also attached PB screenshot later in the screenshots. Yes - we relied heavily on PB then any clans did and hence we where top ranking on PBBans. 

See here - 

image.png

2007-10-21-035403-battery.JPG

Tested the hitboxes for each mod and figured where to hit to best shot overall   - sample from old days - 

etpub9xhitbox6.JPG

Yes I was able to roll with sniper as well - 

2007-11-07-020841-fueldump.JPG

On an avg I can maintain 2:1 HS to Kill ratio - through out many maps - 

2007-11-07-025023-110_factory.JPG

Sample PBSS -  Yes - we used to take ss and I was manually checking each ones back in the days. Players played on our server because they trusted our work behind the scenes. I never shared this publicly but it's about time. 

pb000104.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, laggermcjagger said:

Start with basic config - Keep adding stuff as you go and never use anyone config - learn about what that cvar does - what different does it make to your game play and then add. Copy pasting will go no where. Basic understanding of each variable is must. Now a days it's 95% copy paste. Please don't go that route. 

Success is never easy route. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 5:07 PM, laggermcjagger said:

So were you able to emulate this on purpose? 

Still sort of curious about all this. Aiming in ET is not hard. As many will know when this happens a prone can sometimes save you or land a shot.  Or better yet does anyone have a decent config file or idea of what I should have in my config as some one with a solid gaming rig and a ping of around 40- 120 or so?

This problem still exists for me. I can aim, aiming isn't hard. Players learn that in a few years it' snot rocket science. Hit boxes aren't hard but the game still seems to suffer from these sort of issues. 

Perhaps I'll take a few videos eventually to show what i'm experiencing more clearly.  it's not aim, I can land a shot, HS all day especially with bawts but when you play with real players and  with different connections, configs some are almost impossible to hit...if not impossible. I've easily played many times making the most HS and I know HS isn't everything but aiming in ET isn't hard. Though some people make nearly impossible shots. :D

I can confirm that the problem you have, can be eliminated by doing an antispyware scan, I guarantee you that your shots will enter the hitboxes, I had your same problem

also check the option of the network card "allow the computer to turn off the device"

also disable windows updates

and control the command in the console
com_hunkmegs (basic is set at 56 but this when the game was born in 2003)

try the 192, 256, or 512 values

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, Lenovo said:

I can confirm that the problem you have, can be eliminated by doing an antispyware scan, I guarantee you that your shots will enter the hitboxes, I had your same problem

also check the option of the network card "allow the computer to turn off the device"

also disable windows updates

and control the command in the console
com_hunkmegs (basic is set at 56 but this when the game was born in 2003)

try the 192, 256, or 512 values

What!!???? Doing an anti-spyware scan will guarantee better aim?? What if there's no spyware to remove and no changes are made from the scan? 

Next. Windows updates affect aim in ET?????? I'm not even touching that one

• Haha 3

i laugh my ass off at this.. i kinda get what leno means but come on.lol

spayware can make u laggy as shat.

that power option  can be a pc problem never seen it doanything for et..

hunkmegs allocate the amount of memory used .. in no way will this affect ur aiming.will make maps load faster .and server load faster.

laggermc jagger  send me ur cfg in pm and ur pc specs.

sounds to me more like mouse accel on or bad settings..

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

i always fix my connection and clean my pc before i play cuz yes it can make weird shit happen.nothing like not hittin shit and realizing ur still logged in to forums and on facebook.lol

• Haha 1