Configuration turn to default whenever changing server

FCC

Hi,

I'm looking to recieve some orientation about an issue with my configuration. 

At the moment i use a personalized configuration (containing graphic and connection variations) located in my ET main folder in order to reduce game's lagging. 

The problem shows when i rejoin a server or visit another one. Everytime my graphic configuration sets back to default, so i have to restart the game and join a server if i want to maintain my configuration. 

I would appreciate some help with this,

Thanks guys.

• Leader

HI FCC,

Did you have this problem before or it started with a new configuration? 

Can you post your cfg so we can give it a look and see if there is something wrong in it.

thx 

• Like 1

You don't have to restart ET and rejoin the server. You can /exec your config in the console. Simply open the console and type /exec [nameofcfg].cfg and you should be good to go. 

When you are on the server and have your preferred settings enabled. Just type in the console /writeconfig FCCconfig. Then all you have to do is type /exec FCCconfig in the console to get your settings back if at any time it goes back to default or it changes after joining another server.

Remember to /vid_restart and /snd_restart after /execing your config for some of the settings to take effect.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help guys! Really i appreciate it.

One further question, which is the exact command to apply graphic (textures) changes without restarting? Console says that restart is needed to apply changes (r_detailtextures).