Windows Settings on new 4K Monitor

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

So I got a new Samsung 28" 4K monitor and had set scaling to 200% so everything on the desktop wasn't so tiny, but made larger than the screen. If I set scaling back to 150% ET is perfect, but now i have tiny everything else. Is there a way to have good size icons, browser, etc and still have ET fit the screen?

for 4k 200% is normal scaling. Did you log out and back in after you set the scaling? Some programs won't pick up the proper settings without a relog or reboot.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Symfony said:

for 4k 200% is normal scaling. Did you log out and back in after you set the scaling? Some programs won't pick up the proper settings without a relog or reboot.

Yes I did, several times

On 7/31/2018 at 2:40 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

So I got a new Samsung 28" 4K monitor and had set scaling to 200% so everything on the desktop wasn't so tiny, but made larger than the screen. If I set scaling back to 150% ET is perfect, but now i have tiny everything else. Is there a way to have good size icons, browser, etc and still have ET fit the screen?

Yes you can, ditch Win10 and get win8.1. Unless you want to play games with DX12 support...

• Platinum VIP
7 hours ago, Vanaraud said:

Yes you can, ditch Win10 and get win8.1. Unless you want to play games with DX12 support...

I don't go backwards, bro lol

• 1 month later...

Scaling is used to make the resolution fit inside the full screen size usually, unless we are talking about two different things.

You can make everything larger and still fit properly, I did that on my 4k 55" tv pretty easy. I will try to grab the settings tonight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP
On 8/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, Vanaraud said:

Apparently getting Win10 is;) When nothing works on it...

Maybe this will fix it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Seems they have fixed it in those 2years...

This worked.

Set scaling to 200% and for ET, in Compatibility Mode/Change High DPI Settings, I checked the boxes for Program DPI and High DPI Override and now ET fits the screen perfectly