ET Server Suggestion Jay2 Starting Medic Level (Adrenaline)

ElEl

Could the default medic level be set to 5 like the others skills? It's pretty frustrating for newcomers to join the server and then die instantly to all of the rambo medics we have here and not be able to fight back without farming 200XP to get to level 4.

If this isn't feasible could the level requirement be lowered? The requirements for level 5 for every other skill seems to be 25XP. :)

Edited by ElEl
Removed suggestion for Jay3
  • Like 1

On j3 you start out with max skills in everything.

Also there if you reset your xp, next map you also start with max skills in everything, but to max out (lv5) any skills, you need alltogether 25xp.

So you cant improve much on it in J3 imo

5 hours ago, HZOP said:

For me its Good. Its not hard to get 5 lvl. 

It's not that it's difficult to get to level 5, it's that it takes far too long to farm it. Try reset your XP when the server's full and you'll see what I mean about newcomers not having a fair chance against all of the rambo medics on the server.

4 hours ago, Vindstot said:

On j3 you start out with max skills in everything.

Also there if you reset your xp, next map you also start with max skills in everything, but to max out (lv5) any skills, you need alltogether 25xp.

So you cant improve much on it in J3 imo

Okie doke, what do you think about the suggestion for Jay2? It doesn't make sense to me that medic is the only skill that isn't maxed when someone joins the server.

Just now, ElEl said:

Okie doke, what do you think about the suggestion for Jay2? It doesn't make sense to me that medic is the only skill that isn't maxed when someone joins the server.

Oh, yes. Thats something I forgot to say. Personally I like this initiative. If all the other skills start out as max (it does, just checked it)  then it makes sense to make the medic skill start out max as well. When I enter a server without default medic skill it is frustrating to some degree that I have to farm it to max level so I can fully enjoy the medic. Maybe its purpose was to teach newcomer medics to act as a teamplayer so he is also more likely to heal/revive others even when the skill is full? (for me thats not an issue, I always choose to revive instead of getting a kill, even if I die)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i think this is in tacked so that  theres not 6 medics verse 6 medics.

This is already the case on Jay2. The point of my suggestion is that it's just irritating having to farm level 4 medic to be on an equal footing with all the other rambo medics :P. It doesn't make sense to me that medic is the only skill that's set at 0 for newcomers.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I think we have flip flop on this suggestion. it was default - we went adren from start and then back to increase on XP. No harm in going back - 

Adren should be available on 25 medic xp.  effective next map. Settings are changed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
51 minutes ago, HOTSPUR said:

Is there any reason why all classes cannot be set to 0? And xp reset after a certain amount of time just wondering. 

XP reset is done because not doing it can cause major issues. It happens after 90d afaik.

For "0" set to all classes, problem here is we get mass suggestion to change xyz, then these changes don't work for pqr% of players and they complain.... it's a repeat cycle-- we can't please all.
What we look for is balance-- that includes the player who joined 90, 180, 360, 900, etc. days past a veteran. So that they're able to fight on the same "playing field" sooner rather than later. If we set classes to 0- it would give the veteran player a huge advantage just based on play time alone-- not skill (unless you're talking about mass reset which is no, period)
Hopefully I worded this correctly.

Note: This a JayMod - a mod made for fun. This includes poison knifes, adrenaline, double jump, goomba, etc. This is part of our pub style game-mode. For those who don't like it, silEnT servers - esp. HC will suit you well.

Edited by Xernicus
Specify XP reset duration + aha! +note
  • Like 1

No all worded correctly, I don't really like this advantage talk, if your  good it shouldn't matter configs give huge advantage over others too. Back in the day xp was reset to stop the server from being clogged up <---- this is what I was told, and to look at it from another angle if anything it would give advantage to both skilled and unskilled players. I'm not going to go on about it forever but why did it used to work OK?? That's fine I understand that you get players going on about xyz but I see players moaning about maps settings etc etc and they spend hardly anytime on that particular server and it gets charged? So as a regular admin on Jay 2 I think it's all great,having said that I would of liked to have seen tge  forced rate, max packets to have been kept as I did see it  improved server stability, Thanks Hotspur. 

Edited by HOTSPUR
  • 100 1

could u elaborate on how u think  forceing everyones rate and maxpackets made the server more stable.. 

im not dening ur fact /opinion   just would like some fact backing this claim. as the server host has a diff set rules then the players host  does. 

https://wolffiles.de/filebase/ET/Stuff/ET-Serverguide.pdf

this is very good read..dont skip anything.

Edited by captnconcrete

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I did like you were saying about being hit around corners .well that's exactly what happens when you're shooting me with a rate of 34000 if it doesn't matter then why couldn't the forced rate be kept in place? Every time I come into contact with a  player with that rate I struggle to hit them as u said you struggle to hit without it. When it was forced surprise surprise they could be hit and it didn't seem like warping (hence seemingly being more stable). I'm experiencing the same problem so will it be changed back because I'm finding it hard again to hit correctly? as you did without having a rate of 34000. My connection is best with rate 45000/cl_maxpackets 100 a lot of players are using rate 34000/maxpackets 30? why if your ping is below 100 I know why.

honestly ..really. lol i find not much diff between 34000 and 45000 makes no diff really. server was up for long time tho and needed a restart. this day u talk about  server wasnt half full so i dont think rate at 45000 or 34000 makes much diff.

i  kinda feel like  ur not a straight up dude..ur kinda a onesided dude to me. maybe i need to get to know u better. but our disagreements are funny. jay2 isnt a  server to go on and be best of best.. have fun.. seems ur only fine with settings an game play when it benefits u.  u get mad easy and leave. example other day scores where 611 to like 630 u called for even teams i laugh my ass off. 

i 1 will test it now my self. but impretty sure i could have a 20 ping u would cry when i kill u..  maybe its just all a misunderstanding ..

but u did this to me back before either of us had tags  u even pmed me mean ass shit.

• Administrators

To make few things clear - 

cl_maxpackets 30 - doesn't give you any tactical advantage to anyone.  But forcing it to 100 also doesn't harm and that's why ETPRO forced it. If  in today's world - if your 1Mbps min speed internet doesn't support cl_maxpackets 100 - that player should play tettris when we talk just about in terms of internet. But let's factor in FPS and all and in that case cl_maxpackets 30 or 60 makes sense. At the end of the day if someone doesn't have correct settings - they are themselves causing problem for them. Because at the end of the day - that client is going to warp with bad settings and his movements will be tele-porting in worst case scenarios. You might miss shooting him 5 bullets out of 20 - but for that player - he would have horrible game play. 

XP   = Reset has nothing to do with server clogging up. Jaymod had old bug - where if we hit certain XX - it would reset everyone's XP - so we had put 90 days limited initially.  While Jaybird had extended his user.db limit on my request that bug was still an issue. Our back end hook takes care of that bug and hence in last few years - we haven't seen any monthly massive XP reset. - We used to have that bug - if anyone can use forum search function - they can see old topics of it. In work around - we used to take midnight back up so next day we can revert that user.db back. 

On 12/14/2018 at 2:14 PM, captnconcrete said:

could u elaborate on how u think  forceing everyones rate and maxpackets made the server more stable.. 

im not dening ur fact /opinion   just would like some fact backing this claim. as the server host has a diff set rules then the players host  does. 

https://wolffiles.de/filebase/ET/Stuff/ET-Serverguide.pdf

this is very good read..dont skip anything.

That pdf was based on 2004 internet and data-center cases when dial up modems was a thing and 1Mbps server where available. Then it become 10Mbps and now 100Mbps and 1Gbps. With that being said old times in server it was dual core CPU. Now it's hyper threading with 4 cores / 6 or 8 cores easily.  That's why in that PDF you will see - sv_maxrate 13000. If any server is run with that settings now - It would be cluster mess and lag galore. 

Internet is filled with massive bogus assumptions. People even thought cl_timenudge -50 was possible because in Quake engine it was allowed. ET is clamped to -30/30. 

Total size of an Ethernet Frame carrying an IP Packet with an empty UDP Datagram - 24 + 20 + 8 = 52 bytes. So anyone saying - they can't send 8 bytes i.e. headers every second - I believe they should play tettris or Contra :D

That guide like any guide is good but not 100% accurate.