ET does not execute

absoluto

• Leader

Asokaa is probably right.

I would enable the ET logging function and then read the etconsole.log file found in the etmain folder.  It may have recorded something useful.  :)  If that file says anything important, then make a copy of it.  ET overwrites the old etconsole.log file every time that it starts up.

This line is in the Autoexec.cfg file in my etmain folder.  You can copy this line and add it to your file there.

seta logfile "1"

Start ET again and then the etconsole.log file in ETmain will have all the lines that your videos shows.

I would save a copy for each "fix" that you try to do, just to keep a record of the evidence for troubleshooting.

Let us know how you fixed the problem.  That will help people with the same problem in the future.  :)

4 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Asokaa is probably right.

I would enable the ET logging function and then read the etconsole.log file found in the etmain folder.  It may have recorded something useful.  :)  If that file says anything important, then make a copy of it.  ET overwrites the old etconsole.log file every time that it starts up.

This line is in the Autoexec.cfg file in my etmain folder.  You can copy this line and add it to your file there.

seta logfile "1"

Start ET again and then the etconsole.log file in ETmain will have all the lines that your videos shows.

I would save a copy for each "fix" that you try to do, just to keep a record of the evidence for troubleshooting.

Let us know how you fixed the problem.  That will help people with the same problem in the future.  :)

How did  enable the logging function?. Currently in the file Autoexec.cfg in my folder etmain only appear are two lines

exec disp.cfg
exec name.cfg

I'm sorry, i a noob in this. Am I doing well? 😅

• Leader
45 minutes ago, absoluto said:

How did  enable the logging function?. Currently in the file Autoexec.cfg in my folder etmain only appear are two lines

exec disp.cfg
exec name.cfg

I'm sorry, i a noob in this. Am I doing well? 😅

You can just copy this line from here

seta logfile "1"

and paste it into the autoexec.cfg file in your etmain folder.  Save that file and then try to run ET.

Then find the etconsole.log file in you etmain folder and rename it to etconsole-start-problem.log. 

The last few lines should show a reason for not running normally. 

You can attach it to your reply here and we can look at it.  It may give a clue as to what the problem is.  (or what ET thinks the problem is :) )

21 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Puedes copiar esta línea desde aquí

archivo de registro seta "1"

y pégalo en el archivo autoexec.cfg en tu carpeta etmain. Guarde ese archivo y luego intente ejecutar ET.

Luego encuentre el archivo etconsole.log en su carpeta etmain y cámbiele el nombre a etconsole-start-problem.log. 

Las últimas líneas deberían mostrar una razón para no ejecutar normalmente. 

Puede adjuntarlo a su respuesta aquí y podemos verlo. Puede dar una pista sobre cuál es el problema. (o lo que ET piensa que es el problema :) )

I have followed his instructions and the problem is not solved. The file is empty, it does not show any line.

Maybe I should reinstall the game? 😓

After trying to correct the problem in several ways, (update driver graphics card, review permissions in firewalls and antivirus, compatibility with operating system, cleaning records, etc) i choose to reinstall the game. It is already working without problems. 😚

thank you all for offering your help. :D 

• Like 2

• Leader

I happy to hear that you fixed it, but am disappointed that we could not find the cause of the problem.  Oh, well.  :D

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 7/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, Leatherface said:

Save ur etkey and silent.dat file  ... then try dl ET from here

This is the install I've used for years. It's perfect