Windows Thinking of my Future PC Build

DevilHunter

PC gaming and streaming can vary hugely on necessary specs...

You don't need much for PUBG or Fortnight etc, usually turn a lot of settings down anyway. But you need some beef if you want to stream VR lol.

Good luck, it should go well. It's pretty darn easy to assemble once you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

Lol, I don't plan on streaming "Buttnite" as some people call it or PUBG. However, It did take me flippin forever to figure out how to connect everything. I just now got it to boot up. So there is life. Now I just need to grab a Win10 Key since I already got the USB Win10 Installer thingy. I also need to update my pcpartpicker list. So yea.. im happy... Now I need to clean up lol.. such a mess while trying to get this thing working heh. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I keep forgetting to do this so... Here is my build now. It's already been built and is running flawlessly. I had to order a DVI Duel Link Cable to get the 144hz that my monitor was suppose to have. I had it hooked up via High-Speed HDMI, thinking it would go up to 144hz, but sadly, it was capped to 60hz. So yea.. Anyhow, here is the Final List. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.89 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($143.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 OC Video Card  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: FSP Group - CMT210(BLK) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  ($27.19 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($191.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Adesso - Multimedia Desktop Keyboard Wired Standard Keyboard  ($19.80 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, stream and record in 1080p60, superior low latency technology, H.264 hardware encoding, PCIe  ($179.58 @ Amazon) 
Other: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Dell DW316 External USB Slim DVD R/W Optical Drive 429-AAUX  ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Sceptre E225W-19203R 22" Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor 2x HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Metallic Black 2018  ($89.42 @ Newegg) 
Other: Gaming Mouse PLUS Large Gaming Mouse Pad Combo, 3200 DPI Wired Ergonomic RED LED Backlit Gaming Mouse for PC and Mouse Pad, Redragon M601-BA Gaming Essential Combo  ($16.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1680.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-03 04:30 EDT-0400

So far, It handles all the games flawlessly. Only a few I had issues with. Such like Oblivion. I can get good fps in most areas like the Jail at the start but.. Soon as I walk outside, and near grass, the fps tanks... But I never really got into that game. I also tried streaming once, its on my Youtube channel, so far it handles it pretty well. Here is a link to it. Anyhow, I can't modify the First post in this thread for whatever reason. Never did Encounter a Board where it didn't let me modify the first post.. so yea.. There ya go

Glad to hear it's up and running well! That's a solid build that will last you for many years.
It sounds like your refresh rate issue was due to an older revision of the HDMI protocol on the monitor's side or an issue with "link assurance". Good to hear you got it sorted though.

Happy gaming!

PS: Try tinkering with your oblivion config- it probably isn't getting enough resources. I remember having issues a few years back. making some modifications to an *.ini file fixed it up for me.
PPS: There's a time limit on how long posts can be edited to prevent potential abuse. I believe the window closes after 1d for the "Regular User" group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 12:46 AM, HOTSPUR said:

I think the,i5, with a gtx 1060 would be great. 

Really depends on the stuffs u intend to do, considering that a 1070 costs like 150€ more and can get u so much more in terms of gaming, as well as i7 newer gens are not even that expensier anymore.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aniky said:

Really depends on the stuffs u intend to do, considering that a 1070 costs like 150€ more and can get u so much more in terms of gaming, as well as i7 newer gens are not even that expensier anymore.

I7\i9 are at ridiculous prices atm, you could get 2 r7s for 1 Intel CPU. Anyways as tests show @ 1440p and especially with GPU-s <GTX1080Ti there´s barely any difference between r7 i7. I´d say i5 holds the ground also but some games stutter a little with this(Far Cry\BF).

i7-s have been always best, but one can always get next level GPU from the price difference of i5-i7 and get guaranteed 15-20FPS boost. Whilst i7 might get higher FPS in some games- Hardware Unboxed 35 games CPU review shows that 50% games run better on AMD chips and 50% on Intel. Not to mention some games where i5 is still rocking the boat(not sure about the latest 9-gen).

26 minutes ago, Vanaraud said:

I7\i9 are at ridiculous prices atm, you could get 2 r7s for 1 Intel CPU. Anyways as tests show @ 1440p and especially with GPU-s <GTX1080Ti there´s barely any difference between r7 i7. I´d say i5 holds the ground also but some games stutter a little with this(Far Cry\BF).

i7-s have been always best, but one can always get next level GPU from the price difference of i5-i7 and get guaranteed 15-20FPS boost. Whilst i7 might get higher FPS in some games- Hardware Unboxed 35 games CPU review shows that 50% games run better on AMD chips and 50% on Intel. Not to mention some games where i5 is still rocking the boat(not sure about the latest 9-gen).

Yeh i am aware, but i have been looking at some of the i7 for literally bargain of like 200-250€ which is basically nothing, im still on my i5 4690k and feel like its gonna do the job for a whilst longer still. Nowadays, its just best to wait for either black friday sale or xmas sales and u can get twice as much for the same bucks.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, Vanaraud said:

Yep, right now it´s wise to wait a little, it´s a leak but I think it´s possible:

It's about time they start making something decent, only with Ryzen they started getting back on market again, because Intel has been literally dominating last 5 years with like 80% in terms of sales for CPU choice.