Windows Thinking of my Future PC Build

DevilHunter

Hey there. I know some of ya heard that I might be getting a new PC, and by the time I get it going, I might consider rejoining FA. All in due time. I don't want to rush it right now because Money and RL Issues and all. Anyhow, I have made a list of PC Parts to build myself a PC. I figured it will be cheaper and easier to do it that way then to buy a PreBuilt one, However I did like a few that I looked at. 

What I'm really looking for a PC is.. Something that can run most modern PC Games out there nowadays. I have missed out on some pretty neat PC Games over the years. I really want to get into PC Gaming more, since I have became a Console Peasant. (PS4 mostly) I also do plan on Streaming more on Twitch, mostly PC Stuff. The only thing that's really keeping me from streaming from my ps4 all the time is that my net gets capped at 250 GB per month, because my ISP wants to cap bandwidth for whateva reason. There is another ISP around here, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out if they do provide more speed, but they have no data caps. 

Anyhow, here is my list... This is a budget build btw. I don't want to go too crazy right now. I'm not sure if I will be able to get enough money to go anymore then this heh. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($183.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($40.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($48.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($127.98 @ Trusted Tech Team) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($33.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  ($26.19 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($194.62 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech - K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($8.99 @ Target) 
Mouse: Logitech - M100 Wired Optical Mouse  ($5.29 @ Amazon) 
Speakers: Logitech - Z213 7W 2.1ch Speakers  ($24.69 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1055.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-05 07:37 EDT-0400

I hope this is good enough, I still have no clue if, when, and how much money I will be getting later on down the road so.. No rush but I feel like you guys can help me out on this. This laptop is old, the processor is not even supported by Intel. That should tell ya how old this laptop really is. I bought it from Wal-Mart back in 2014 I think. It was only $600 bucks. So yea. 

I already have a Headset so I don't need to worry about that. I plan on getting other stuff later on, like maybe an El Gato so I can stream PS4. Here is a link to my Laptop Specs.. though Speccy shows a bit too much IMO. 

Edited by DevilHunter
Switch the i3 CPU with an i5... And Windows 10 Home to Pro and more Clock Speed for ram

The most important thing for your games is your video card.

So if you can afford a 1060 go for it.

An optical drive is still needed in 2018 ?

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

Wish I could but I am trying to keep it low. Possibly as much as it is now. As I stated before, I have no clue exactly how much I'm getting ATM. Maybe later on down the road, I will upgrade. 

If you have a non-k processor on a locked motherboard, there's no reason for you to get the cooler. Your processor should come with one that will keep it cool enough.

If you could skip some things like the blu-ray drive, the Windows license, the wireless adapter, etc. and put that money into your video card, I think you would be a lot happier.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I agree with turtleman here.

You dont need the optical drive and a family licence of windows would be prolly enough. Use the money you will save to buy a 1060 video card to replace the 1050 you choosed.

Gengis

4 hours ago, DevilHunter said:

unless you wanna use this to watch movies and stuff, would better be off without it.

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($127.98 @ Trusted Tech Team) 

You can get this for like $14 instant from https://www.scdkey.com/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-cd-key-global_1227-20.html

no its not ripoff or anything, used by popular youtuber(s) (namely TechSource etc.,) too, if you dont trust me :P (unless you want a hard copy which cant be helped).

I assume you won't overclock the CPU (as stated above by others) , which means you won't need a cooler unless you like in area with temps above 35C

1. Dont buy windows, just google for windows download and then for the crack and u'll be set in a few minutes
2. get rid of the optical drive XD - 2k18 man
3. Get 500gb hdd and a smaller 250gb ssd for the operating system and everything you use daily (this is 20x faster)
4. No point in buying 144hz monitor if you cant hit those framerates (with that videocard on high end games) - LG 25" ultrawide is a beter option and a bit cheaper. Your monitor might be able to run 144hz , but if you cant provide 144 renderings (frames) / second then u'll just pay for nothing ( even youtube only offers max 60fps)
5. That videocard is trash, you are beter of buying 1 or 2 a bit older cards (maybe in sli setup) or like others said 1060+
1050 to 1060 is a huge differance 

! check howmuch watt your videocard + cpu will use before buying an power supply. 500WATT is on the lower side, look for 600 - 700

If u need more help let me know

• Like 2

Alright well, I made a few changes. About the CPU Cooler... I know its normally not above 95F in Alaska, but it does tend to be at least, 80 or so in my Apt from time to time. I have no AC in my apt, just a heater. Even with the windows open, it does get hot in here. So I might have to keep it.. maybe just get a smaller fan? I dunno. I guess it would all depend on how things would fit since I have a small case to deal with.. I can probley pay a bit more for a bigger case.. Not sure if the Compatibiliy Filter on PCPartPicker takes in account the space inside the Case when everything is set in place. I remember the last PC I had it was a Micro ATX I think. So without Further adue...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($293.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($75.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($34.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - Spinpoint F1 DT 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB OCV1 Video Card  ($279.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 600W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  ($26.19 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: HP - 2MW70A6#ABA 27.0" 1980x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Logitech - K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($8.99 @ Target) 
Mouse: Logitech - M100 Wired Optical Mouse  ($5.29 @ Amazon) 
Speakers: Logitech - Z213 7W 2.1ch Speakers  ($24.69 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1338.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-06 05:46 EDT-0400

I would prefer a Hard Copy of Windows. I'm not sure that one link is reliable. Seeing as its just a CD Key, that means I have to obtain a copy of Windows 10 in some way... I would like to have a CD Drive as well because I still have some old PC games that I would like to play and Stream on Twitch. I had a ton of PC games but sadly, most of them got lost over the years. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions. I hope this setup is better. 

Edited by DevilHunter
Went for a bigger Power Supply as requested.. Forgot it when I first posted

The 7-series of Intel CPU-s are outdated;) 8-series provide 2 more cores on same class, even better, get a AMD CPU for streaming purposes.

Take a note at Viewer side Performance

Again this Kingston A400 as in the other post put up here lately. This is some hot stuff in India? Can´t even get info of on what NAND and Controller it´s built on... WD Black SSD, ADATA SGX 8200(and NOT 8000), HP920, Samyong, Crucial MX500, anything with new 64-bit BICS\3D NAND will perform better than this cheap scrap they were producing for 2-3 last years.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crucial-mx500-ssd-review-nand,5390-5.html

Also where from hell do people get the notion that you need a PC to produce 144FPS for a 144Hz+ monitor?! It´s 2k18;) Even when you are using Sync, you can use Free Sync which keeps up even on higher frames and not only on 60Hz. Anyways believe me and any other guy who has gone from 60Hz monitor to a 144Hz monitor, you don´t want to fall back to tearing laggy slow picture of a monitor producing 60Hz.

I´m sure Sunlight could make you a good graphical presentation of how frames are shown on a monitor but the point being: human eyes can´t see more than 60Hz, that´s true.

BUT the technology doesn´t present perfect 60Hz/60FPS picture, so you need faster switching between frames to smooth  things out. (Vsync tried to do it but it introduce a way to high input lag, even a slow poke like me noticing the moment it is turned on, not to mention pro players, especially on FPS game).

a 30€/$ PSU? Would switch it out. The best and cheapest Blu ray player out now is PS\xbox, the 50.- you pay for Blu ray reader doesn´t include 200.- software to watch movies, PS\Xbox do;)

• Like 1

The PC i just bought uses an 8-series motherboard  Then you can use as i did an i5 CPU.

You really need windows 10 pro ?

Gengis

• Platinum VIP
23 hours ago, Gengis said:

You really need windows 10 pro ?

Gengis

Got a better idea?

21 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Got a better idea?

Windows home edition. Why pay for the pro edition that has features you will prolly never use.

Gengis

• Platinum VIP
52 minutes ago, Gengis said:

Windows home edition. Why pay for the pro edition that has features you will prolly never use.

Gengis

Different for everyone but just having access to Group Policy is worth it to me

Welp, I know i7's are outdated by now, but it fits my budget. i9's are too much. At least on PCPartPicker. Not sure if there is anything cheaper on there. Anyhow, are games still being installed by Blu-Ray? That's the only reason why I want it, otherwise, I can settle with just a DVD/CD Drive. As I stated before, I still have some old games on Disk that I would like to install and Stream. 

Also, I may be going with an AMD Build now. Seems cheaper then Intel/NVidia. But I still want to know if its even worth it nowadays to even have a Blu-Ray Player. I'm still playing around with my options so I will post the Build later.