map Radar summer

Lenovo

• Platinum VIP

If a rush rule is in place on the specific server then you are not allowed to take either objective before 5 minutes have passed. Blowing up side door and/or building CP is all possible but you cant grab the final objectives

• Like 1

But this map has 4 objectives
first you take the 2 objects to bring them to the truck.
Then the 2 radio antennas explode

My question is this: can you take the 2 objects, before 5 minutes have passed?

he 2 objects are not final goals

• Platinum VIP

Oh I see. I had not realized that.

If objective happens in the way you ordered them then it should indeed be allowed to take the radar parts before 5 minutes, if logic applies. Rush rule would then be applied on destroying the antennas and not on the radar parts.

• Like 1

I was doubtful, because I was on Jay1, 2 minutes have passed since the start of the match, and the allies have taken the objects, and while I warned them not to take them before 5 minutes had passed, I asked myself this question, someone should give some clarifications

4 minutes ago, CATGIRLS said:

Yw you can't touch, grab, hold, cap final objective before the 5 minute mark regardless of the map.

Thats what the question is, whether the radar parts are considered as the final objective. I dont think they are. You still have to destroy the two other radars. The aim of having the rush rule is to allow for people to enjoy the map. On the original radar, capturing the two radar parts ends the map. On summer radar, capturing the 2 parts, does NOT end the map. So i think its reasonable to assume that, capturing those radar parts before the 5 minute mark is allowed. Planting dynamites on the other radars is disallowed before the 5 minute mark as that will end the map.

Don't blindly follow a rule. Understand why it is there. That will make it easier for you to handle different situations and maps.

Thats my take on it.

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

the most precise question, according to my point of view, is this:

are we sure that in the 2 radars dynamites can be triggered, if the objects are not delivered before?
The logic of the map creator should be this:

first take the 2 objects, and take them to the truck, after which you activate the ability to trigger the dynamite, to explode the antennas (so it is a kind of automatic anti rush established by the creator of the map)
if instead after doing a test, we realize that the 2 radars can trigger even without taking the 2 objects, here arises a problem, why?

now I'll explain:

if they are triggered immediately, and if they explode the map ends, the 2 objects for what purpose?

if they are triggered immediately, and if they explode does not end the map, the 2 objects become final objectives?

maybe you had to think about it before inserting it into the server, because players could complain, if an admin, apply differently from another admin, the rules

my advice is this:
check on the test server, the various characteristics of the purpose of the map, and if there are problems, Smiley should give us a tweak.