Server Update F|A NoQuarter 1.2.9 B6 - 2.6b Only

daredevil

Nice server , running smooth and stable . Had loads of fun yesterday shredding the bots :camper

Even though theres still not waypointed maps in it , like Temple and Subway , but i think its already noted by some of your member .

edit : Oh and a bigger choice of maps to vote from at end of the map would be nice B)

Edited by SickOne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have only one question about the commands from the NQ. I want to know if there is any site with list of client's commands like antman is running it for etpro. (http://www.antman.info/wolf/cvar/)

I want to get all the cvars possible for the NQ, same list like for etpro.

As far as I remember there was a list in the official NQ wiki. Unfortunately it's down at the moment.

same here,

i played today in NQ, and i asked arround in main chat the follow:

How do i reduce the ammount of obituaries (tormentium was killed by aniky´s thmpson) ...etc

in jaymod in display u can set it from 0 to 10 , in NQ i couldnt find it and no1 in server knew how.

is there any command for this plz? i kinda wanna play nq more but i get this million stuff in my screen which wont let me aim at all.

thanks.

This is what I do with my message popups:

seta cg_popUpMessageFilter 222 ( = 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 64 + 128)

// cg_popUpMessageFilter

// 0 Filter disabled

// 1 Filter out objective messages (planted at ..., capture flags, etc.)

// 2 Filter out pick-up messages (Picked up a health/ammo packs, weapons)

// 4 Filter out team joining messages

// 8 Filter out player connect/disconnect messages

// 16 Filter out all map script messages (command post constructed, tank damaged, etc.)

// 32 Filter out all obituaries caused by the enemy team

// 64 Filter out all obituaries caused by your own team

// 128 Filter out all obituaries for self kills (of all players)

// 256 Do NOT filter out death/kill messages

This doesn't limit the amount of popups though, I haven't found anything for that. Also, here are other cvars that I set that people might find useful (some of these are NQ specific, I don't know which ones.

seta cg_drawMuzzleFlash 0 // don't draw muzzle flash

seta cg_drawKillSpree 0 // don't show sprees/total kill amount

seta cg_drawCrosshairNames 7 // draw colored, iconed names

seta cg_gibs 0 // don't display gibs

seta cg_graphicObituaries 1 // display weapon image instead of writing weapon-dependent kill message

seta cg_impactParticles 0 // no sparks from shooting wall etc. (former part of cg_wolfparticles)

seta cg_smokeParticles 0 // no smoke (former part of cg_wolfparticles)

seta cg_trailParticles 1 // trail for nades etc. (former part of cg_wolfparticles)

seta cg_pmPopUpTime 0 // instant popup messages ( = no delay)

seta cg_weaponBounceSound 0 // no sound when weapons/clips hit the ground

And by "fast revive" I mean that when you poke a dead player with your needle, he instantly stands and is able to shoot. Now you need to wait 1-2 seconds and there is a "getting back up" animation.

If anyone else is having the "Could not load official pak file" error (yes, you Alexandra), follow these two steps:

1. Download and install the 2.60 patch
  2. Download the 2.60b patch and copy both files replacing the old versions

No need to re-install ET.

Just now on et beach invasion map, everyone got this recurrent message of warning on console:

WARNING: CG_SoundPlaySoundScript cannot find sound script 'sound/multiplayer/mortar_exp03.wav'

20100816184611etbeach.jpg

nani ese es un fallo del sonido especifico para ese mapa en concreto no es ni tu ordenador ni tu configuracion

I already noticed that txoko, because other players could also see that message in their consoles. Gracias de todos modos :)

Btw, only it happens in et beach invasion map, not the other maps.

Dare you need to clear me on something... so proper suggestions can be made..

what is the purpose of this server?

is it to replace current NQ? because if it is, the setting should be equal of the current NQ server.. so players don't get shocked with the transition..

it it gonna be a new server? if it is.. then the type of game play must be defined..

if its gonna be a "HARDCORE" server then you must take off dbljump and 1 or 2 other adjustments

if its gonna be a "FUN" server then damage/and recharge bar must be tweaked.. (eg. if a grenade is not thrown to you feet, it doesn't gib..)

and if its gonna be a fun server.. then the map voting MUST be turned off.. or else ppl will be voting for the same 2 or 3 maps..

• Administrators

Dare you need to clear me on something... so proper suggestions can be made..

1. Fun server.

2. No it's not going to replace our present NQ.

3. We will run both one on 2.55 and one 2.6b

4. I will add min map age limit to 6. So no one will play maps over and over. But you will be able to vote maps depending on the number of player.

5. It's not going to have guided panzers and such. Really there is no point in making replica of our present one.

6. Both server is going to have different settings.

Played yesterday on it and we had fun!! If these little things are fixed i bet it will be as popular then our "normal" NQ. Anyway.....THX DARE!! Nice 1!!

yeahh, it was very funny yesterday :D and have to say im glad to hear its not going to have exactly same things as other nq server; in the variety is the spice B)