Greetings, folks!

SteeleMage

Okay, so, kind of by happenstance, I've found and have been playing Insurgency for a couple months, now.  I and a buddy got hooked on it as soon as we first played it.  We seemed to gravitate to the F|A Coop server most of the time.  We both liked the server policy, and usually found some good gameplay in there.  So, we've been wondering what F|A is all about for awhile.  But never really pursued the thought much.  Then, the other day, I found myself on the F|A server with a couple game-terrorists (jerks) that were ruining it for everyone.  Ended up making an account in here so I could post about the incident, and through a chain of events after that, it seems I (we) may be joining this big club!

So, after a bit of encouragement to post an intro here, here I am!  Hehe.

Real Life!

First name: Dan
Any sort of Nickname?: Usually SteeleMage (or, a long time ago, in Half-Life days, I was known as "Splotch")
What country are you from?: US (Central NY State)
Are you a Parent?: Of an only child, yep

What do you do for a living?: Breathe.  Oh, you mean my career?  Software Engineer / Web Developer.

First thing you look for in a new friend?: Respectful kindness
Farthest you've been from home?: In my aware ages, all the way to the other coast, in L.A. area.  When I was, sadly, too young to recall, Germany!
What brought you to the Fearless Assassins servers/forum?: Curiosity for the clan/group, after enjoying time on the F|A Ins Coop server.  (And what I mentioned above)

Cat or Dog?: Have had both.  Both have things I like, and things I don't.  Nothing against them, for sure, I love animals; but, in the end, I've found I prefer to visit animals, rather than live with them.
What are your hobbies?:  I enjoy crafts and arts of all kinds.  Have done many (drawing, painting, woodcarving, making chainmaille, but these days I mostly focus on leathercrafting/carving, graphical arts, and 3d graphics and animation.  Beyond that, nature walking / exploring.  Geocaching and Letterboxing is a nice way to find new places!

What kind of Sports do you like?: Don't really enjoy most sports.  But if I had to pick one, it would probably be Rally Racing.

What's your favorite color?: Green and Blue.  Like the Earth.

How about your favorite type of music?: Anything but Rap or Twangy Country.  But, I really love Epic Soundtracks!  (i.e., Hans Zimmer)
What kind of movies do you like? (Scary, comedy, drama etc): Sci-fi.  Medieval/Fantasy.  Those top my list typically, but, most things, just not into the Horror stuff.
Favorite Movie?:  Used to be Star Wars (still love it, though!), but Lord of the Rings trilogy has my top spot!
Favorite Book?: Forgotten Realms: Azure Bonds  I don't read as much anymore, but this one surprised me, it's the only one I'd ever been able to read the entire (3rd) novel in a single weekend.

What are your top three games of all time?: Tough one!  There are lots of great ones.  I'll say Mass Effect(s) and SkyRim for the latest.  And, I'm going to give Ultima IX the 3rd spot, as it holds a special place for me, too.
Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?:  RPG's with a good, meaningful plot and choices.  Some simulators, too.  I have a wheel for some fun driving ones.
Name one game in your collection you'd be embarrassed to tell your friends about: Jimmy Sturrs' "So You Think You Can Polka" ?
How many games do you own?: Too many to count
Do you play console?: Nah. Pretty much PC Gamer all the way.
What platform do you spend most of your gaming on? (PS, Xbox, Steam, Android etc):  Steam.  Though, have Origin, Uplay, etc.  Gawd, I hate front-ends!  Can I just play the game I bought?!?  Heh.

Okay, so, skipped a few, but maybe I can circle back another time and answer them.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello!" and that I'm looking forward to learning more about all of ya's, and playing in some games with you.  :)  And, just see where things go!

Thanks to all those who have already extended a nice welcome and kind words to me, too!  It's a most welcome thing on the Internet!  Needs more of that.  :)

--Dan
-==SteeleMage==-

• Like 3

Hi Steely Dan welcome to the forums, hope you stick with us :) I may have to see what all the fuss is about with this insurgency game soon :P

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums mate!

E: and indeed a nice and interesting introduction

Edited by lehm
  • Like 1