Oasis jay1

DrSpreadem

this version of oasis clearly dosent work unless its 12 v 12 etc lower players, and the spawn protection?? seems as though theres a roof inside both spawns it hardly gives allies and advantage aswell as the WARNING that the tunnel door is open i think its really unfair ...  i really dont understand that part, the only way to win that map is via trickplant(which is never easy to do)  could you guys either lose the antirush or go back the the other version of the same map without spawn restrictions etc.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more!!  The numbers at which it comes on needs to be lowered quite a bit. I'd say get rid of the bloody map but I know some really like it for some crazy reason or another.   The 2nd stage only has 2.5 ways to attack. I know there's actually 4 being the upper, lower, and side hallway at main but since two are right above each other, arty or mortar can guard both routes and the little side hallway is also only accessible from the tiny top route so I can't also consider it it's own route.  The spam weapon settings on Jay1 make these routes near impossible to pass because of the  arty, mortar, flame throwers, mg's, and rnades.  Now consider both teams are concentrating their fire on these same very small areas and about half of the allies won't push out of the tunnels to their imminent demise,  these routes become near impossible to get through and have enough health to get through the axis that still have their spawn shields on.

• Like 4

This version is pretty easy for axis to defend and there is invisible roof for mortars . Each time I use mortar, it blows on my head lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

Yeah this map is stupid for 20v20 plays. Even 15v15 is impossible for allies. I'd say remove it untill better solution is found for the map.

• Like 1

• Administrators

1. Eh, every map will have some or another issue. Why not just remove all the maps? Cos ET is old. FPS lag. max game char issue, etc. 

2. So spawn is the only place for mortaring? Seriously? Problem with last change - You can't camp at spawn and do mortar. Go out and do mortar. You can't mortar on your old co-ordinates - play the game and mortar other places. 

Before asking me to remove the stock maps at least good ones not adding Railgun, Battery, etc which are worse then Oasis, please provide list of 32 maps. I still have room to add 6 more maps on Jay1 and yet we couldn't add any. Not every map you can win or you can defend. 

Modified spawn times - so allies would have advantage. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, daredevil said:

1. Eh, every map will have some or another issue. Why not just remove all the maps? Cos ET is old. FPS lag. max game char issue, etc.

2. So spawn is the only place for mortaring? Seriously? Problem with last change - You can't camp at spawn and do mortar. Go out and do mortar. You can't mortar on your old co-ordinates - play the game and mortar other places.

The issue isn't always the map, oasis is a great map. But when majority if people don't like it, or it's unbalanced for the amount of players, and is bad for server activity... I don't see a reason to keep it, especially not the version that we're running atm.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
18 minutes ago, daredevil said:

2. So spawn is the only place for mortaring? Seriously? Problem with last change - You can't camp at spawn and do mortar. Go out and do mortar. You can't mortar on your old co-ordinates - play the game and mortar other places. 

Before asking me to remove the stock maps at least good ones not adding Railgun, Battery, etc which are worse then Oasis, please provide list of 32 maps. I still have room to add 6 more maps on Jay1 and yet we couldn't add any. Not every map you can win or you can defend. 

allied spawntime isnt the issue here, if thats the way you wanna change things you would have a better shot increasing axis spawntime. In the end second stage Oasis comes down to 2 chokepoints which are outside of tunnel and outside of top and bottom exit. The 3rd would be the side exit from top but this route will either way result to either of the above named chokepoints. Not to mention that both chokepoints can be heavily stacked by artillery, mortar, and every other type of explosives while also being easily inside of axis' spawn protection range making it utterly unplayable for allies.

Reducing allied spawntime solves nothing realistically, Im sorry

Edited by Dest!Ny

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Smileyyy said:

The issue isn't always the map, oasis is a great map. But when majority if people don't like it, or it's unbalanced for the amount of players, and is bad for server activity... I don't see a reason to keep it, especially not the version that we're running atm.

Define majority? sw_oasis_b3    158    204  - That's high amount of +ve votes compare to -ve one. If it would be something like this I would agree -  uje_fueldump    -94    143.

So no, it's not getting removed and it's clearly not majority. May be results are skewed and I might empty the file every month to get more 'clear' idea but other maps have higher -ve votes then oasis to be honest. 

Just now, daredevil said:

Define majority? sw_oasis_b3 158 204 - That's high amount of +ve votes compare to -ve one. If it would be something like this I would agree - uje_fueldump -94 143.

So no, it's not getting removed and it's clearly not majority. May be results are skewed and I might empty the file every month to get more 'clear' idea but other maps have higher -ve votes then oasis to be honest.

I'll have a look when it roles up, I got the "majority" thing from asking if people like the map. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

allied spawntime isnt the issue here, if thats the way you wanna change things you would have a better shot increasing axis spawntime. In the end second stage Oasis comes down to 2 chokepoints which are outside of tunnel and outside of top and bottom exit. The 3rd would be the side exit from top but this route will either way result to either of the above named chokepoints. Not to mention that both chokepoints can be heavily stacked by artillery, mortar, and every other type of explosives while also being easily inside of axis' spawn protection range making it easily unplayable for allies.

Reducing allied spawntime solves nothing realistically, Im sorry

Spawn time was just an example i posted. I have already reduce artillery for oasis compare to other maps and also reduced mines. Artillery is reduced to 1/3 compare to other maps. 

I am all for tweaking current map rather then removing it. I can remove it once we find other good 6-7 maps first. Feel free to use Jay1 map rotation topic. 

• Like 2

but why stop the sk? u cant call arty or use mortar in their spawns, they have the guns which they can jump over to to defuse? wheres the sense in that its hardly fair m8.

there's hardly any advantage given to allies after they blow the wall.

the other version u had had no warning after the tunnel door was opened? so what happend there?, being honest its the only way how to win that map via tj plant.

its not an enjoyable map for most.

Try upping axis spawn time by a good 5 or 6 seconds and limiting it to 15v15 or under to come on.  TBH the biggest problem with this map and many others isn't the map itself, it's the fact that a massive chunk of the attacking team won't push through or out of choke points.  I think the best way to fix this over tweaking spawn times and weapon settings would be to do small edits to these maps opening up an additional route or two that come out in a completely different area as the rest.  Unfortunately this takes time and is also a lot of work to put on one individual being that smiley is the only one I know of putting in the effort or even having the knowledge to make these changes.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, CATGIRLS said:

Try upping axis spawn time by a good 5 or 6 seconds and limiting it to 15v15 or under to come on.  TBH the biggest problem with this map and many others isn't the map itself, it's the fact that a massive chunk of the attacking team won't push through or out of choke points.  I think the best way to fix this over tweaking spawn times and weapon settings would be to do small edits to these maps opening up an additional route or two that come out in a completely different area as the rest.  Unfortunately this takes time and is also a lot of work to put on one individual being that smiley is the only one I know of putting in the effort or even having the knowledge to make these changes.

Smiley picked up mapping in 2-4 weeks. If someone has time they can pick it up as well.  That's exactly i suggested to Smiley, to open up 4th route. 

• Like 2