Need a Cheap VPN for Home use

DonaldSilver

Hi, 

Can I get some suggestions over the cheap VPN? And by cheap, I mean it should be less expensive. I've used some of the VPNs, which I don't prefer mentioning about it here in this thread. But honestly, they were nothing but a waste of money. And the services were also pathetic. I was searching on google for the Zero Logs Policy and IP leak stuff. And for a trusted VPN, it means a lot. I also got this article on best cheap VPN. It was a good read though. But still, I need your suggestions. Kindly guide me through and let me know which VPN should I opt for home use, which could keep me safe and secure over the internet within low price?

Thanks

Edited by DonaldSilver

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I use ProtonVPN for when I need one.  Saw a good thread on reddit yesterday.  I'll try to find and post it.

• Platinum VIP
On 6/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, Robb said:

Hey, in my suggestion one of the fastest, trusted and cheap swimmers in the VPN sea is Surfshark , which provides unlimited devices support including OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2 security protocols and AES-256 encryption with secure and 85% discount. 

I;ll check that one out. I'm looking to go to 100% (Paid) VPN when I'm online (Except gaming), but have struggled finding the right one to use

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I;ll check that one out. I'm looking to go to 100% (Paid) VPN when I'm online (Except gaming), but have struggled finding the right one to use

I'd take Robbs comment with a pinch of salt tbh Hipkat, only Tuesday just gone he/she apparently had no clue and was confused on which was the best VPN between surfshark and Nord so how he/she could possibly suggest surfshark after only a few days is beyond me.

@DonaldSilver

Mind me asking what you want the VPN for? I'm asking as i've had various results from different VPN's over the years depending on the use. For me personally atm i've currently got both an IPVanish sub which is due to expire and i'll let it as i've had nothing but bad connections and slow speeds when using with torrents and geo bypasses yet it works very well on my fireTV........I also currently have Cyberghost (just renewed for 3 years for $70 on special offer), with Cyber i've had great speeds and strong connections when it comes to torrents and bypassing geo locations on services such as Hula, netflix, BBC etc, Cyberghost also still currently works for me in UAE where many other VPN's dont including IPVanish, nord and pure. So for me personally i'd rec cyberghost if you can grab a sub at a discounted price.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

I'd take Robbs comment with a pinch of salt tbh Hipkat, only Tuesday just gone he/she apparently had no clue and was confused on which was the best VPN between surfshark and Nord so how he/she could possibly suggest surfshark after only a few days is beyond me.

@DonaldSilver

Mind me asking what you want the VPN for? I'm asking as i've had various results from different VPN's over the years depending on the use. For me personally atm i've currently got both an IPVanish sub which is due to expire and i'll let it as i've had nothing but bad connections and slow speeds when using with torrents and geo bypasses yet it works very well on my fireTV........I also currently have Cyberghost (just renewed for 3 years for $70 on special offer), with Cyber i've had great speeds and strong connections when it comes to torrents and bypassing geo locations on services such as Hula, netflix, BBC etc, Cyberghost also still currently works for me in UAE where many other VPN's dont including IPVanish, nord and pure. So for me personally i'd rec cyberghost if you can grab a sub at a discounted price.

For me, I've just been doing a lot of reading and exploring on the increasing dangers of not being careful, or where I want to go - completely anonymous, online. I've spent hours looking at  the activities of the Deep/dark web and just wanting to be as secure as possible. I do everything online now, like many people. Shop, pay bills, etc and if I got robbed, it'd kill me. I'm already convinced I'm going to drop Chrome and go almost 100% with TOR for all my web browsing. With enough security, I should be OK setting bookmarks, allowing password saving, etc and if not, I keep all my passwords in a secure way already

So speed, multiple connections/devices, security and cost are extremely important in how I go forward, but there are so many VPN's now and so many reviews, etc, it's confusing. Nord seems like the most popular, BUT is it the best? I'm going to research Cyberghost. so thanks mate!

Found the thread I was talking about yesterday. There were some good links in the comments for choosing a vpn:

• Infographic that shows parent companies of VPN companies and where they are based - LINK
  • Thatoneprivacysite.net - Great resource for learning how to choose the right VPN for you, comparisons, reviews, and other blog posts/articles regarding VPNs. - LINK
  • List of VPNs who are outside the US, use encryption, accept Bitcoin, support OpenVPN, and have no logging policy - LINK

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

For me, I've just been doing a lot of reading and exploring on the increasing dangers of not being careful, or where I want to go - completely anonymous, online. I've spent hours looking at  the activities of the Deep/dark web and just wanting to be as secure as possible. I do everything online now, like many people. Shop, pay bills, etc and if I got robbed, it'd kill me. I'm already convinced I'm going to drop Chrome and go almost 100% with TOR for all my web browsing. With enough security, I should be OK setting bookmarks, allowing password saving, etc and if not, I keep all my passwords in a secure way already

So speed, multiple connections/devices, security and cost are extremely important in how I go forward, but there are so many VPN's now and so many reviews, etc, it's confusing. Nord seems like the most popular, BUT is it the best? I'm going to research Cyberghost. so thanks mate!

Fair enough, i get where your coming from but tbh even TOR has its flaws, you need to really set up your own relays etc rather than using whats put in place by a default setup. Cyber actually works with TOR too so thats another bonus, along with bitcoin payments i like it a lot and touch wood have not had any issues at all in the past 3-4 years of using it.......Also should you go the Cyberghost route you do get 45 day money back guarantee, which is legit too as i've used the guarantee myself when i bought the wrong package by mistake.

Dont just dive straight in and buy it though, keep an eye on their site for offers as i got my 3 year sub for a steal tbh, works out at about £2/month....same for any VPN tbh, try to use those which come with trials as what works great for me might not be great for you and your needs etc. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Fair enough, i get where your coming from but tbh even TOR has its flaws, you need to really set up your own relays etc rather than using whats put in place by a default setup. Cyber actually works with TOR too so thats another bonus, along with bitcoin payments i like it a lot and touch wood have not had any issues at all in the past 3-4 years of using it.......Also should you go the Cyberghost route you do get 45 day money back guarantee, which is legit too as i've used the guarantee myself when i bought the wrong package by mistake.

Dont just dive straight in and buy it though, keep an eye on their site for offers as i got my 3 year sub for a steal tbh, works out at about £2/month....same for any VPN tbh, try to use those which come with trials as what works great for me might not be great for you and your needs etc. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks and I will. I know about the TOR issues (Some were patched with the last update) but it's still more secure than Chrome, FF and whatever that piece of crap is that MS is trying to push off on people.

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader
On 7/7/2019 at 6:58 AM, Snuffs99 said:

Robb is probably a spambot.  They have gotten a bit more sophisticated recently and may make another  post in an introduction- or tech-topic to seem less bot-like.  I will disappear his posts and profile later today.

The bots seem to be attracted by any topic that has VPN in its title and other such tech-titles.  I would not trust any poster in such a topic if they only have a few posts.  This Robb also posted a short hello-type reply in a Human's Introduction post. 

The other replies in this topic are all from well-known humans here.  :D  

Edited by RedBaird
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have some problems with 433 Error. Can you advise me good VPN service?

RB says that this is possibly a spambot.

NOPE!  He responded like a human would:

Edited by RedBaird
spambot? ... NO! :D

• Leader

/did not! :D locked a 14-month-old topic, although perhaps I should leave it open to attract spambots.

Edited by RedBaird
I failed!
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2019 at 3:41 PM, JimField said:

Have some problems with 433 Error. Can you advise me good VPN service?

RB says that this is possibly a spambot.

That's funny that you blame for spam but I still couldn't find the answer. I think it would be more useful to help each other than accuse, wouldn't it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimField said:

That's funny that you blame for spam but I still couldn't find the answer. I think it would be more useful to help each other than accuse, wouldn't it?

We use cutting-edge spam flagging services in addition to common sense.
However #1 sign of more recent spambots is the bumping of topics that are over one year old.

Took a quick peek at our ACP and in addition to some research, I can verify that you are not a spam-bot. My apologies for the confusion.

Have you checked that your VPN server is not behind a NAT? Typically a 433 error comes from bad credentials, but various factors can come into play. In any case, since this topic is ancient I'd suggest starting a new topic.
Friendly FYI: Please keep in mind when discussing VPNs that we do not allow people to use VPN or proxy services to connect to our servers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Leader
7 hours ago, JimField said:

Notice that I did not spammer-ban you!  I was not 100% sure, but your 2 posts at that time fit a pattern of the modern spambots.

One difference between you and the two (DD did one) spambots that I had banned from this topic was that you had asked a question and did not offer links to vpn/proxy services.  :D ( I would use a thumbs-up emoticon, but I am not sure that that is a polite gesture in your country. )

BTW, this clan is "sensitive" about proxy-services when used on our game-servers.  Otherwise, it is part of Modern Internet Life.  

I also edited my edit in your other post at that time to reflect your now-proven humanity:

Edited by RedBaird
stole a DD credit :(
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1