Smileyyy

Just now, Cquattro said:

Smiley friend I found a bug to correct right away, I tried a game from axis, and both command posts

they were built by axis

Uhmm, shouldn't happen. Where there bots with u?

7 hours ago, Cquattro said:

if I try to create a local game, I will return this error, why?

335358750_errormapfa_goldrush.thumb.jpg.d253c82b5227c4161b8ad0db1ee1a6ac.jpg

Hi!

It also happened to me. But then i copied the map to ETPUB folder, and loaded ETPUB mod, and then set a hosted server, and it worked.

Without loading ETPUB mod, i wasnt able to load the map, because it didnt even appear in the list, in any game type (campaign, single-map objective, last man standing...)

Greetz,

AcK

Holas!

I've tested the map a bit, and (despite adoring the original one, and think it is perfect as it is) i think it could be funny to play. I've also enjoyed so (SO) much the other Goldrush version on which the bank can be flooded with water, and there are lot of traps and secret passages. I don't remember the name.

I have a few issues with textures (bushes and trees, tank "wheels" and the lights over the doors), i can't see them properly. I suppose it is a problem of my client.

And i've also noticed that i can see the tank's upper part through walls. Like if i was using a wallhack. It also seems like different texture than the rest of the map. I suppose it is a matter of my client, also.

In the other hand, regarding playable aspects, i've found 2 things i would like to share:

- I think it would be nice to set ammo and health cabinets in the axis spawn, like the original map has.

- I've found some doors that seem they are practicable (could be opened), but they aren't. I think that may lead to mistakes, and confuse players who know the original map and would think they are new corridors or rooms.

- Since the map has been named FA Goldrush, i think there could be added some FA flags, or so. I dont know if modders have the rights to do such things, but i suppose they do, since the map is not made by any clan or so.

I think that new balconies and especially the middle structure in front of the bank's door may add some extra fun to the game. I can't wait to test it in a server, with players.

Nice job, Smiley.

Greetz,

AcK

• Like 1

In the other hand, regarding playable aspects, i've found 2 things i would like to share:

- I think it would be nice to set ammo and health cabinets in the axis spawn, like the original map has. Original goldrush actually doesn't have any cabinets in their spawn. The reason I didn't put cabinets in spawn is to prevent blocking, people will always go for that cabinet after spawn which might cause clutter.

- I've found some doors that seem they are practicable (could be opened), but they aren't. I think that may lead to mistakes, and confuse players who know the original map and would think they are new corridors or rooms. Not sure what u mean? 

- Since the map has been named FA Goldrush, i think there could be added some FA flags, or so. I dont know if modders have the rights to do such things, but i suppose they do, since the map is not made by any clan or so. I'd like to keep the "feel" of the map that it has right now. Flags/banners would look weird in the setting the map is in right now.

Thank you! :) 

• Like 1

Hi!

Cabinets: Ok, i would have add them, but nvm.

I mean these ones. I think without the fences may appear that they are usable, while they're not:

2018-06-05-115249-fa_goldrush_a1.jpg

2018-06-05-115633-fa_goldrush_a1.jpg

2018-06-05-213552-sw_goldrush_te.jpg

2018-06-05-213622-sw_goldrush_te.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

I would suggest tying a spawn point for the Allies with the construction of the command post in the center of the map. I think that would help to balance the map out a lot. The problem is that the Axis have more added ways to defend from, but the Allies have nothing added to help them attack. I think shortening the walking distance from spawn to the objective makes it so you don't necessarily need to add any extra ways for the Allies to attack. This will help to make covert ops play for the Axis on the map way more relevant too. If you think about the intent in the original design the creators acknowledged the challenge the Allies had in attacking on this map, which is why the devs gave them the boost of having the easiest access to the only command post. I don't think the changes you made make it easier for the Allies to get to the gold. If you add more ways to defend, you need to add more ways for offense to get through as well. I also think that the Axis faction required door where the original command post is doesn't really make any sense after the Allies move the tank. 

Edited by MDaddylonglegs
  • Like 4

• Platinum VIP

Hey @Smileyyy I finally played this the other day. I like it. Some known lighting updates in a few places, but damn good job and I see the new Bremen on Jay 1 is working well. Much more action with this version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this looks like a great change to the original map. Much better than SW, especially for HC. This is awesome work smiley

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good map overrall. Too much orange lights / shades in my opinion though! New ways are nice, having access to the several roof by severals paths aswell is pretty cool! 

• Like 2