ET Server Suggestion For the love of god

lucasdm

For the love of god and sake of wolfET authenticity.

1) REMOVE PPSH - it is overpowered and requires no aim at all, I am sick of getting killed by a weapon that shouldnt be in the game to begin with. I love SILENT except for this gun, just disable it!
2) REMOVE VOTING SYSTEM - yes, we all know it has its benefits but it is flawed!

I hope this gets some small attention because FA are the only active servers i am aware of and they are the only way for me to keep enjoying this marvelous game which I have already been playing for 10 years.

Cheers,

Forever nagging -=lucas=-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

I agree with you about ppsh.Any gimmick ever added to this game has never worked out,and this gun is a gimmick.

I think voting is much better than using a rotation.If a map you dont like comes up you can wait 15-30 minutes,but having many maps you dont like in a cycle is much worse.

• Like 2

1. PPsH was solely made to make medic less overpowered, which it does extremely well. I honestly have no problem with it, I'm a main medic player and facing the ppsh is more difficult than facing a mp40, thompson. But it does make the game way more balanced.

2. Voting system.. nothing wrong with it. All it does is let them majority of the people play the map they like the most. The only flaw the voting system has is that the players themselves just don't vote or forget to. Which makes them angry because a map that they don't like pops up.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Greets,

Smiley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucasdm said:

2) REMOVE VOTING SYSTEM - yes, we all know it has its benefits but it is flawed!

I think what you'd actually like to suggest is to increase the number of maps that must be played before you can replay a map.

• Like 1

I think the servers settings are fine. Each server has their own unique "flavour" that makes it different to the other servers. No server will be perfect or to your 100% satisfaction. For you its the ppsh that's the issue, to someone else, it's some other setting. We can't change things to try and tailor it to everyone's liking because it's impossible. That's why FA hosts many servers with different styles and settings in hopes to accommodate most of the et populations preference. If you really like silent mod but hate ppsh. I'd recommend sticking to hardcore server then. There's no ppsh there and it's quite similar to silent1 in most aspects so the change wouldn't be too much. If that isn't good enough, then you could experiment with the other servers that FA run. There's plenty. You can press escape and just go down the list of FA servers. 

I hope to see you on hardcore hehe. 

Thanks for the suggestions though. Of course this is just my opinion on the matter but I believe it's an opinion that's shared by most. I hope you understand. 

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

1. PPsH was solely made to make medic less overpowered, which it does extremely well. I honestly have no problem with it, I'm a main medic player and facing the ppsh is more difficult than facing a mp40, thompson. But it does make the game way more balanced.

2. Voting system.. nothing wrong with it. All it does is let them majority of the people play the map they like the most. The only flaw the voting system has is that the players themselves just don't vote or forget to. Which makes them angry because a map that they don't like pops up.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Greets,

Smiley.

Medic is supposed to be support for other classes, it does not need to be balanced out.
obviously you havent been playing wolfet for as long as us veterans have

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lucasdm said:

Medic is supposed to be support for other classes, it does not need to be balanced out.
obviously you havent been playing wolfet for as long as us veterans have

Yes every class has a role, so does medic. But that doesn't mean medic isn't superior class. It has more HP than any other class and it can heal itself. I've been playing this game for 9 years. FYI 10 years isn't a "veteran". You can call yourself a veteran when u've been playing this game since 2003.

12 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

Yes every class has a role, so does medic. But that doesn't mean medic isn't superior class. It has more HP than any other class and it can heal itself. I've been playing this game for 9 years. FYI 10 years isn't a "veteran". You can call yourself a veteran when u've been playing this game since 2003.

k

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

Like I've said before, everyone hates Medics, until they need one...

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

just by the way ET was made and is played you can see that medic is the most beneficial class, is that a problem? no. For a class-type game or even just FPS ET has a unique chemistry where a teambuild is dominated by support players, because the support players are both support and rifler whereas other classes are for obj or AOE explosive damage. By forcing the issue on "evening out" the classes the only thing you truely do is giving people more reason to play AEO classes breaking the balance of the game. The reason I avoid Silent1 is because of the amount of engi's and field opses using their tools (nades and arty respectively) so much the server just becomes a mess.

Also calling people a veteran based on their first time loading the game is kinda laughable. I mean, I personally started in 2009/2010 but without trying to sound like an arrogant prick I probably have a better understanding of the game than a lot of people from 2003-2008.

• 100 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I really don't understand whats the issue with ppsh? "Overpowered" placebo? 

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/5491-ppsh-damage/#entry18350

We run at default settings. Gao says my sentiments although I would like to make it more powerful so Engi's can get the job done but they got flank jackets, so their is that. Let's be realistic, half time I don't get revived by medic near me on Jaymod servers but with 6 sec spawn what should I expect?  Hardcore and silent mod servers, I got revived 80% of time and medic even died reviving me. That's the team play. Jaymod are fun and frag servers.

silent1 is little serious compare to jaymod, HC is more and if u want complete serious? Welcome to our US/Euro ETPRO SW/OBJ servers. Ton's of choices to pick from. 

• Like 3