ET Masterlist hacking and redirect fix for players - Enemy Territory Software

daredevil

• Administrators

ET Masterlist hacking and redirect fix for players

View File

ET (Enemy territory) has been messed up lately with master list redirect and hacking issues. In order to stop it, please download the ET.exe and replace your current one. Patch is for all ET players playing from Windows OS.

Steps - 

1. Download the 2 file ET.exe and ETPRO.exe. 

2. Replace the ET.exe with the downloaded ET.exe.

3. Use ET.exe to play on all mods except ETPro. For playing on ETPro mod, use ETPRO.exe.

Please share this file to all your friends and ask them to patch their ET with this one. Please report on forums for any issues, if any.

Note - New patch will also stop players redirecting from fake ET redirect servers. It's about time we focus towards good gaming experience for all new ET players. 

Note 2 - If any new issues, we might try to fix that as well or revert back or provide complete new patch. So please subscribe to this file download. If file gets updated you will get notification, so you can stay up to date.

IMP Note - Please don't download the file from other sites or source, as some may try to inject virus/trojans and spread the copy of it. I take full responsibility of this file on our website and 100% guarantee it doesn't have any back-doors. So my humble request - please be careful i.e. from where you download the files and what servers you play on. 

Update - 10th Oct 2018 - zip file updated to block redirect on default ET.exe itself. If you are using ET.exe from download to play you don't need anything else. If you are using ETPRO.exe or default 2.6b Installation ET.exe - Please download generic_redirect_fix.zip and put both .dll next to your ET.exe installation. Instructions are available in Read Me.txt of the zip file.

PS Long live ET where we have made some life long best friends. ET for next 50 years till it becomes legacy like super Mario :)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

This file is for everybody or just ETpro users?

Sry I dont really understand what its for. It prevents my game from being hacked or redirected to malware servers?

5 minutes ago, r3wind3r said:

Sry I dont really understand what its for. It prevents my game from being hacked or redirected to malware servers?

It's for all.  But also won't cause issues for etpro. 

Basically people have been exploiting the built-in redirect system to redirect you to other servers.

This et.exe removes that possibility making sure you only ever join the server you intend to. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, r3wind3r said:

As chuck said for all - Updated download info page to make it all clear. 

• Like 1

having 2 issues here:

- Panda Protection recognizes it as a virus and deletes the file, but i was able to restore it from quarantine

- when i connect to a server (i usually play on pb protected etpro servers), i get error message "server disconnected - integrity failure"

is that because of punkbuster? and if yes, how to fix it?

int.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Virus detection is because md5 sum might be different from original ET md5 checksum. Norton, Windows Defender, McAfee, etc. didn't give my any virus trigger.  It might give you Heuristic 1 detection which is nothing but 'new' file based on 'md5 checksum' since only players would have it. 

PB is not the case here. I believe ETPRO checks are mostly causing the kick. We will check and get back to you ASAP. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i really like to see that someone is still patching ET. Would be great if i could add the Patch to a new version of WolfET_2_60b_custom.exe . Still have the NSI file that i used to create the installer. I just fear that player get confused in having to 2 EXE files ET&ETPRO.exe Is it possible to have only 1 file?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harlekin said:

Hi,

i really like to see that someone is still patching ET. Would be great if i could add the Patch to a new version of WolfET_2_60b_custom.exe . Still have the NSI file that i used to create the installer. I just fear that player get confused in having to 2 EXE files ET&ETPRO.exe Is it possible to have only 1 file?

The et.exe doesn't work for etpro, but the etpro.exedoes work for other mods (tried it on jaymod, nq, etjump) and it works fine, so I guess that you dont need both, only the etpro.exe.

• Leader
On 5/29/2018 at 9:08 AM, daredevil said:

It might give you Heuristic

Norton gives me some similar problems with executable files downloaded from FA forums, such as the pk3-cleaner and Pinoy's Finger-tool.  They are quaranteened because not many Norton Users have the files.  ACK!  I have to restore them from Quranatine and 'allow' them for the future.

My latest such problem was from Windows Defender 'SmartScreen' = WTF?  I thought that I had all Defender functions turned off! :mad:

On 8/28/2018 at 12:52 AM, metla said:

The et.exe doesn't work for etpro, but the etpro.exedoes work for other mods (tried it on jaymod, nq, etjump) and it works fine, so I guess that you dont need both, only the etpro.exe.

Thanks i will try it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 8/27/2018 at 6:52 PM, metla said:

Somehow I missed this post. ETPRO.exe is stock exe without any protection. If you need to use ETPRO.exe and still want protection, please use attached .dll file. Sorry for late reply. Completely missed it. 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
On 4/13/2019 at 6:37 PM, Mark 1 said:

None of this works.  On certain maps I still get kicked out

For ETPRO? OR which mod? 

• 7 months later...