Server Issue Can't connect to Fun1

Luki

Question

Hola! 

Since some time I can't connect to Fun1 I am getting this message

I did Pk3Cleaner, any ideas what can be wrong?

shot0001.thumb.jpg.bb2bf4e422e74e73cdbdff4101fa1c3c.jpg

Edited by Luki

9 answers to this question

• Leader

Others have had that problem.  Here is one question that found an answer.  1/1/17 https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/84894-need-help-getting-started-again/

BTW, the New Forum search works much better with punctuation than the last one did.  I was able to search for "silent.txt not found".  It must have the quote-marks!

Funny Story:  I just tried to double-check my search term and it kept failing and found nothing! I kept changing the punctuation in it, but nothing worked! 😕 😖

It is only when I copied the search term from the found topic that I realized that I had been spelling 'txt' as 'text'!  🤣

This bug may be the reason why server is empty...

I've already reported this error a few months ago on tracker.

Edited by Luki

• Administrators
On 5/26/2018 at 3:45 PM, Luki said:

This bug may be the reason why server is empty...

I've already reported this error a few months ago on tracker.

We are working on converting while Fun1 from old silent mod to nitmod for fun. Should be fixed soon by tomorrow or so. 

• Like 1

• Leader

I tried to connect when DD first installed Nitmod there, but one 1.89MB file kept downloading over and over.  It would disappear from the Nitmod folder each time that it seemed to finish downloading.

DD said it was probably becasue I might have an old Nitmod installation and 'lo and behold!', He was right.  I renamed my 2014 Nitmod folder and the next installation downloaded quickly and I was on the server in a flash.  Some other European players have been playing there when I check it daily.  :)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, RedBaird said:

I tried to connect when DD first installed Nitmod there, but one 1.89MB file kept downloading over and over.  It would disappear from the Nitmod folder each time that it seemed to finish downloading.

DD said it was probably becasue I might have an old Nitmod installation and 'lo and behold!', He was right.  I renamed my 2014 Nitmod folder and the next installation downloaded quickly and I was on the server in a flash.  Some other European players have been playing there when I check it daily.  :)

That pk3 will be soon changed to new one. We are working on new one and prolly last pk3 update from us if all goes good. Pk3 cleaner will also get update. 

• Like 1