MMORPG BDO Tip - Failed to init security

Xernicus

I know we've got a handful of folks here who play BDO (myself included), and I wanted to share a little tip for those who might run into issues launching the game on the latest build of Windows 10 (v1803) or for those of you on preview builds.

Symptom: Upon launching the game, a "Failed to init security" message appears.
Problem: Anti-exploit features in Windows 10 prevent the XIGNCODE3 anticheat from functioning properly.

Fix:

1. Open the "Windows Defender Security Center"
  2. Choose the "App and browser controls" settings via the sidebar.
  3. Scroll down until you see "Exploit Protection" and click on "Exploit Protection Settings"
  4. Click on "Program Settings" (Changing these settings system-wide is strongly discouraged)
  5. Click on the plus button to the left of "Add program to customize", and select "Choose Exact File Path"
  6. Navigate to where the game is installed, and select "BlackDesert64.exe" under the bin64 folder for 64-bit systems, or for those w/ 32-bit systems "BlackDesert32.exe" under the bin folder.
  7. Once the Program Settings dialog appears, override the system settings and set them to "off" for all settings except for Bottom-Up ASLR allocation randomization. (Set that to yes)
  8. Click apply and have fun playing!

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Guest Nope fdidnt work said:

Did not work for me

Hard to reply to you directly since you're a guest, but lots has changed in the past few months:

1. New version of XIGNCODE
2. Memory heap optimization (last week)
and 3. This week's patch has been absolute crap.

What I'd recommend first would be to either run Repair Mode (if you're using the launcher) or Verifying Game Files (if you're playing through Steam).
Second, make sure the game is running as an Administrator.
If that doesn't work, we can go for more advanced steps such as re-installing XIGNCODE3.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest I have same issues

"Failed to init security" .. i do everything but still cant solve the probleam. Do you have suggestion and how to re-installing XINGCODE3?