ET Server ET - Master list redirect issue - Updated

daredevil

• Administrators

Update - download file - Please re-run it once. Sorry about the old one. Was too late and uploaded old one i had. 

pk3 cleaner update - 

We will soon provide ETLegacy pk3 update/cleaner as well so that players playing from ETLegacy can run that before playing on our servers through ETLegacy. 

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

there  are groups still doing this .. hum.. so lame! thanks for heads up!

It happens every day... so adding the IP Ban of their server in your firewall is best way. I created batch file for it. Their goal is to make others play  on their server and I have no clue how DRi Relic allowed purple in his community. He was nice guy except his past cheat ban. So far Relic has been always nice with me. Relic is old and mature person. I never had the issue with Purple either but I am not sure what changed on his side. People change i guess.

Run the pk3 cleaner which we updated and you would never have that issue if you decide to play from 2.6b since few players have issues with ETLegacy. Somehow I lag crazy on Legacy and my sound shutters. I believe it's because of nvidia drivers, I think. I haven't got time to do more investigation. 

ETLegacy is the way to go in future once 2.76 release is done. But they block menu pk3's and that's the only way to stop the issue on 2.6b unless someone creates the new client and we update our ET installer which is being pulled from SD website. Irony, 2.55 client doesn't have this issue. No one can ditch 2.6b for ever because ETPRO is not compatible with ETLegacy. I have requested ETLegacy team to allow menu pk3's to be loaded - once 2.76 is released so that we can ask our players to use ETLegacy. Over the period of time when enough players have ETLegacy - where redirect server and master list hacking is past, we can ditch menu's as well and all can play in harmony. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

Giving bump - please ask all your ET friends to run the updated pk3 cleaner of ours - or else they will keep getting auto redirected to random servers. 

• Like 4

Guys - are you cooperating?

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showtopic=15804&st=15&p=87787&#entry87787

Is this still a major issue for many players? Or most of ET players use /connect command now? Do you need any help from regular ET players?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, kajto3 said:

Guys - are you cooperating?

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showtopic=15804&st=15&p=87787&#entry87787

Is this still a major issue for many players? Or most of ET players use /connect command now? Do you need any help from regular ET players?

I have requested ETLegacy team to remove the redirect pop up from 2.76 altogether. This redirect madness needs to stop. If server is full, show 'Server is full' and it should show you main page. 

3 ways to do redirect - 

1. Use client loop bug - Instant redirect all players to any server you want with fake inforesponse packets.

2. Fake player ct redirect 

3. Added facade on top of fake player and spam master list up. 

It's all good in 2.55. This while madness is cos feature of  redirect pop up got reduced on server full in 2.6b I believe. 

If ETLegacy takes step to remove redirect pop up in 2.76 and if all start using it, ET will be at peace. I also suggested to loop through favorite list in future version when ready so that when server is full, game loops through your fav list and gives option Connect, Next Favorite and Cancel. 'Connect' connects to server, Next shows next fav server IP and Cancel goes back to main page. This way anyone abusing the pop ups forces players to join player's favorite server and not server defined by admin in pop up. 

But off course this are suggestions and I am waiting for final update from ETlegacy Dev team. I have faith in them. Let's see. 

PS It's 2.6b client issue - i.e. which DRi Purple is abusing it. Temp fix - use our pk3 cleaner and any update of our pk3 cleaner, just re-run it once. It will not remove you installed maps, only cleans up junk and pk3 menus. 

• Like 2

@daredevil

it is not better to eliminate the cause than to block the ip server, this is the patch that I tested yesterday (26/04/2018) and I did not have redirection

http://k760_s7260.fastdl1.livs.pl/s7260/list_block/block_DRI.bat

Regards

|PHS|AKUKU

Edited by PHS AKUKU

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, PHS AKUKU said:

@daredevil

it is not better to eliminate the cause than to block the ip server, this is the patch that I tested yesterday (26/04/2018) and I did not have redirection

http://k760_s7260.fastdl1.livs.pl/s7260/list_block/block_DRI.bat

Regards

|PHS|AKUKU

That will not help in long run if he changes his host from where the script is run. You need to continuously keep updating that. 

23 minutes ago, daredevil said:

That will not help in long run if he changes his host from where the script is run. You need to continuously keep updating that. 

yes I know what it is all you can write to the ip script of the dri server.

Through you too, the script has no place for a longer pet because it can always change the server's ip

• Administrators

I only created temp fix so that it doesn't get redirect to that server IP i.e. block destination. Changing server IP would be extra work since they have dedicated server. Takes time to keep changing dedicated servers. It's min 1 month contract. 

Long term solution is ETLegacy and the patch we are working on. Once tested, we can release it so that all players can benefit from all redirects. It will block all redirects all together. Till then ETlegacy is the way to go for long term solution.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Update - Long term fix -  May the good force and good people prevail. 

• Like 6