Eazy

Donations Private slots for donors

Hey guys ,  i m throwing this in the air ,  since jay 1 is our most active server and most of the time all slots are full. Why not having a "vip" or "donators" slot system? Let say we offer , 50 "donators" slot for a yearly cost of 30$ , thats 1500$ for servers fees . Theses slots give you acces over non "donators" by a bumping system (lets say according to slot numbers) . By having 50 slots you are assured to join server when you wish too  

I m awear it is not a perfect process by far , maby there is place for improvement in the big picture?!   

Also, the fact is we receiving less and less donation as the game is dying . We are (imo) the last ET stronghold . Soo maby we should take a look at cutting fees?! Cut the less used servers/games  to minimize monthly paiements  and keep =F|A=  going on. As the community go down soo should be the service provided.

Lately we made promotion on server asking for donation and a few regular realised the struggle was real but most just don t care until they try to log and find it s out of service. This won t last for long . We meet donation objectif last year due to big donators , we will probably meet this year objectif with the advertising of it but what about next year? And the year after??? 

42 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Hey guys ,  i m throwing this in the air ,  since jay 1 is our most active server and most of the time all slots are full. Why not having a "vip" or "donators" slot system? Let say we offer , 50 "donators" slot for a yearly cost of 30$ , thats 1500$ for servers fees . Theses slots give you acces over non "donators" by a bumping system (lets say according to slot numbers) . By having 50 slots you are assured to join server when you wish too  

I m awear it is not a perfect process by far , maby there is place for improvement in the big picture?!   

Also, the fact is we receiving less and less donation as the game is dying . We are (imo) the last ET stronghold . Soo maby we should take a look at cutting fees?! Cut the less used servers/games  to minimize monthly paiements  and keep =F|A=  going on. As the community go down soo should be the service provided.

Lately we made promotion on server asking for donation and a few regular realised the struggle was real but most just don t care until they try to log and find it s out of service. This won t last for long . We meet donation objectif last year due to big donators , we will probably meet this year objectif with the advertising of it but what about next year? And the year after??? 

Do you mean this: https://fearless-assassins.com/store/category/6-private-slot/ ?

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

Do you mean this: https://fearless-assassins.com/store/category/6-private-slot/

Yes. Only server that could work is jay1 as it s the only one that get full. And it s not in available option. No point in buying private slot on server that are not full.. 

When you get bump on jay 1 by private slot you ll think about buying yours too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Yes. Only server that could work is jay1 as it s the only one that get full. And it s not in available option. No point in buying private slot on server that are not full.. 

When you get bump on jay 1 by private slot you ll think about buying yours too

Hardcore and silent get full too hehe. Sometimes i have to wait 15-30minutes so i can join Hardcore. On other occasions they are both full and im hitting redirect buttons that redirect to each other but because they are both full im just clicking it again and again for 10minutes lol but maybe revision on the cost. 10-15 would sound more appealing.

I wasn t aware thoses two get full too, They are not my cup of tea.  That s interesting tho , are the private slot working there? Have you ever been bump? 

1 minute ago, Eazy said:

I wasn t aware thoses two get full too, They are not my cup of tea.  That s interesting tho , are the private slot working there? Have you ever been bump? 

I've never heard of anyone buying a private slot. I'd say its because price is too high when you can wait 30mins and play elsewhere. If it was 10 bucks for 6months, id pay for it and we'd get something out of it.

People generally dont play all year and wont pay larger amounts for longer periods. Id recommend making it cheaper for shorter durations. People can spend 5 bucks without thought but 25 will make you hesitate slightly. If it was 5 bucks for 3 months, that might be more ideal.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Gonna split these suggestions into a new topic. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CheepHeep said:

I've never heard of anyone buying a private slot. I'd say its because price is too high when you can wait 30mins and play elsewhere. If it was 10 bucks for 6months, id pay for it and we'd get something out of it.

People generally dont play all year and wont pay larger amounts for longer periods. Id recommend making it cheaper for shorter durations. People can spend 5 bucks without thought but 25 will make you hesitate slightly. If it was 5 bucks for 3 months, that might be more ideal.

I can see that working . It is true that smaller amout are more appeling. Also as some come and go depending on season . It would allow a certain rotation in slots owner

• Like 1

I d also add a bumping msg such as

you been bump by a donator private slot, keep server alive and get yours on www.fearless-assassins.com/store/donatorslot

Price could be something like

30$ -> 1 year private slot(2,5$ /month) 

20$ -> 6 months p slot (3.33$/ month)

12.5$-> 3 months p slot ( 4.16$/month)

5$ -> 1 month 

10 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

Gonna split these suggestions into a new topic. Thanks for the feedback!

Finished. Looks like I got everything... :crazy
After splitting it, looks like it wasn't necessary, since it wasn't official donations topic but suggestions is a better place for something like this anyways.

My opinion:
I wouldn't do private slots/priority slots for donors... but perhaps for Platinum VIPs. It could come as part of the package... though the package is pretty beefy as it is- especially for the cost of forum hosting and software license.
Here's the thing though: We don't kick people for inactivity- and that's one thing that made and still makes us different from other clans. And we especially wouldn't want to kick any active players. And kicking players would be the only way to make this work. 😕 Maybe bump the private slots count by 5? But even that seems iffy... I dunno.

For server/forum costs... I'm going on limited knowledge, but I don't think the number of servers is necessarily the issue for costs. We could keep the same amt. of servers and cut costs by changing hosts or plans. But where they'd suffer is reliability and uptime. We aim for 99%+ (if not 100%) uptime, with the exception of map or script changes/maintenance. We also want all players to be able to quickly download maps from our servers, have the lowest latency connection as possible, etc. All of that adds up. Dedicated server is a super extra charge, SSD costs extra, DNS costs extra, various features to keep nefarious folks out costs us extra, etc. etc. And it's for a good reason: we care about our players. 😊

• Like 2

I m only making suggestion here as i m totally out of knowledge on the cost and fees of running server .  

I only believe that if we are struggling to reach monthly paiement, something need to be done to keep running .  Giving priority to thoses who help us stay alive is an appropriate reward (imo) as the majority of player do not seems to care?!  I can already tell it wouldn t be cool to been bump but it can be seen as an incitative . Not kicking make us differents and better but without money we ll be just like the others... out of order.   

Don t get me wrong , theses idea are just to help us pay bills as there is no stepping up in donation . Cuz on the medium to long term we re facing inevitable . 

IMO we should cut down on slot amount on servers that aren't very popular these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smileyyy said:

IMO we should cut down on slot amount on servers that aren't very popular these days.

As Xern said above , it seem that it s not the slots numbers or even server themself but the package and relability that is expensive 

Edited by Eazy

1 minute ago, Eazy said:

As Xern said above , it seem that it s not the slots numbers or even server themself but the package and relability that is expensive

Afaik it's 1 dollar per slot, every little bit counts..