How much time have you been able to withstand awake?

Blurdecai

I'm just getting past 36 hours, at 10:30 P.M. (now its 9:10 P.M.)

I just stayed playing day and night on Jay1 and HC, as many of you may havr noticed.

May get some sleep soon, even though I don't feel tired after a shower. xD

• Like 2

The only time i've ever deprived myself of sleep is .... *ahem* time old reason...a girl loool. Couldnt sleep haha. I used to hang out a lot with this chick, but she already had a bf, even we were friends and then bloody feelings interfered. Still good friends but it was tough for a while till i snapped out of it. I think i didnt sleep for over 48hrs :DDDD Luckily it wasnt exam period.

30 some hours, after a while you don't feel sleepy, but as soon as you sit/lay down anywhere without doing nothing, you fall asleep

I think I've stayed awake for about 26 hours. Jurassic park and guacamole/chips all night long with my best friend.

5 minutes ago, Neuro said:

I think I've stayed awake for about 26 hours. Jurassic park and guacamole/chips all night long with my best friend.

I dont remember that night. When did we do that? :P

• Surprise 1

for me only 40 hours. but then 20 hours of sleep. well... the ratio is same as in 8h sleep 16 awake.

5 hours ago, daredevil said:

Just one advice - don't abuse the body. It will take revenge and when it does you will be f***ed. This is lesson for you young-lings.

that is true. you can force out of your body many things you wouldnt have thought was possible, but after this "short" boost you pay serious interest on it (on the longer run). this is a dangerous weapon, so use it wisely and be very careful.

luckily, it didnt take much for me to realize it

1 minute ago, Vindstot said:

for me only 40 hours. but then 20 hours of sleep. well... the ratio is same as in 8h sleep 16 awake.

that is true. you can force out of your body many things you wouldnt have thought was possible, but after this "short" boost you pay serious interest on it (on the longer run). this is a dangerous weapon, so use it wisely and be very careful.

luckily, it didnt take much for me to realize it

Our body is like a sten. :D If we use it for too long a period. We "overheat" and can't do anything for a while. If we pace ourselves, we can last longer in the end, and produce the same result if not better, without any negative side effect. REMEMBER. BODY = STEN.

• Like 1

Used to be able to do 3-4d on a regular basis around 7 years ago. Otherwise, I used to stay up 22 hours, and sleep 2. I don't recommend that to anyone, even though at that time sleep didn't come easy nor was it restful.... but I digress- it fked my energy levels and most likely fried my brain. Made me paranoid, reckless, hampered my decision making... lost a lot doing that. (And no, I've never done drugs)
I've never been able to think as clearly after I started doing that. Now, I can do 2 days... but it's pushing it. 

Here's what I remember:
24 hours: I notice I start talking to myself to keep my thoughts clear.
32 hours: I start micro/hyper focusing on whatever I'm doing atm "the task at hand". Talking to myself/muttering still occurs.
48 hours: harder to stay focused. I find myself drifting in and out of concentration. Thoughts are often meaningless, revelations are usually obvious to a healthy human. decision making seriously impaired.
52 hours: Start "nodding off"... seriously. Can be paying attention/taking notes one moment, and the next thing I know, I find my head down and blinking my eyes. Caffeine required, usually a 5hr energy does the trick. (one every 5 hours ofc)
56 hours: Euphoric feeling, energy levels seemingly about back to "normal". Social interactions are a breeze, similar to an alcoholic "buzz". External noise is bothersome, but parties, events, meetings are all good. Couldn't sleep if I wanted to. Don't really care if anyone notices me talking to myself, but apparently not. Maybe I'm not really talking? o.O
62-66 hours: Excited. Manic. Everything is a rush, almost a blur. Forget about focusing, life is all about living in the moment.

67-70 hours: Rush has worn down. I'm tired, irritable. Can no longer form a coherent thought or sentence. Processing reading/listening is impossible. In one ear/eye and out the other. Memory becomes cloudy/blacked out.
70+ hours: Usually laying or sitting at this point. Coordination is hard, I most likely look pissed drunk as I walk. Can't concentrate... not that I could really listen anyways. there's ringing in my ears. Why am I still up? Oh right, that's why...
72 hours: Passed out. On the floor, on my desk, on my bed... doesn't matter. I'm never in bed, but I'm always clothed, and I don't care. I usually wake up after around 2 hours, and get myself into bed.

Edited by Xernicus
fixed a typo
  • Surprise 3

9 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

Used to be able to do 3-4d on a regular basis around 7 years ago. Otherwise, I used to stay up 22 hours, and sleep 2. I don't recommend that to anyone, even though at that time sleep didn't come easy nor was it restful.... but I digress- it fked my energy levels and most likely fried my brain. Made me paranoid, reckless, hampered my decision making... lost a lot doing that. (And no, I've never done drugs)
I've never been able to think as clearly after I started doing that. Now, I can do 2 days... but it's pushing it. 

Here's what I remember:
32 hours: I start micro/hyper focusing on whatever I'm doing atm "the task at hand". Talking to myself/muttering still occurs.
48 hours: harder to stay focused. I find myself drifting in and out of concentration. Thoughts are often meaningless, revelations are usually obvious to a healthy human. decision making seriously impaired.
52 hours: Start "nodding off"... seriously. Can be paying attention/taking notes one moment, and the next thing I know, I find my head down and blinking my eyes. Caffeine required, usually a 5hr energy does the trick. (one every 5 hours ofc)
56 hours: Euphoric feeling, energy levels seemingly about back to "normal". Social interactions are a breeze, similar to an alcoholic "buzz". External noise is bothersome, but parties, events, meetings are all good. Couldn't sleep if I wanted to. Don't really care if anyone notices me talking to myself, but apparently not. Maybe I'm not really talking? o.O
62-66 hours: Excited. Manic. Everything is a rush, almost a blur. Forget about focusing, life is all about living in the moment.

67-70 hours: Rush has worn down. I'm tired, irritable. Can no longer form a coherent thought or sentence. Processing reading/listening is impossible. In one ear/eye and out the other. Memory becomes cloudy/blacked out.
70+ hours: Usually laying or sitting at this point. Coordination is hard, I most likely look pissed drunk as I walk. Can't concentrate... not that I could really listen anyways. there's ringing in my ears. Why am I still up? Oh right, that's why...
72 hours: Passed out. On the floor, on my desk, on my bed... doesn't matter. I've never in bed, but I'm always clothed, and I don't care. I usually wake up after around 2 hours, and get myself into bed.

Image result for thats amazing im not even mad meme

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

Here's what I remember:

72 hours: Passed out. On the floor, on my desk, on my bed... doesn't matter. I've never in bed, but I'm always clothed, and I don't care. I usually wake up after around 2 hours, and get myself into bed.

That sounds very bad, I really wish for you that it gets somehow better!

7 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

That sounds very bad, I really wish for you that it gets somehow better!

It has gotten better, thanks! I can only stay up for 2 days now! No wait.... that isn't what you were referring to.... damn.
But indeed, I rarely stay awake for more than one day at a time now- and that's a rarity.

• Like 1

Without my pills I'd routinely pull 72's but I have stayed awake for 9 days before I was hospitalised. After day 7 you start losing time like I was in the shower then I was in the kitchen with a cut on my hand after trying to make a sandwich on the 9th day I started hallucinate they tranquillised me and I slept for 2 days I was all f***ed for months after that. That was from a medication problem and my shitty psychiatrist not listening to me when I said there was a problem.      

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, Dycantos said:

Without my pills I'd routinely pull 72's but I have stayed awake for 9 days before I was hospitalised. After day 7 you start losing time like I was in the shower then I was in the kitchen with a cut on my hand after trying to make a sandwich on the 9th day I started hallucinate they tranquillised me and I slept for 2 days I was all f***ed for months after that. That was from a medication problem and my shitty psychiatrist not listening to me when I said there was a problem.      

Hope things are getting better mate ❤️

Edited by CheepHeep

I can stay awake for 40 hrs without much noticeable negative effects, but I'm not into beating my record anymore... Just remember there are probably more long-term effects of sleep deprivation than you think.