Grp Fix Request Forum issues

ChaOs

Question

1. I have to reset my password each sign in ... so I tried several different new passwords and resetted them and each sign in the email and pass doesn't match ...

2. Cannot set my own Username - in the beginning I confounded the 'Display-Name' and the 'Username' - so I took a rubbish-looking, now - there's no way back 😕

3. If you choose the box "remember" it seems to have no effect ... after 1-2 hours or IP-Switch you are primary logged out...

Maybe there are some solutions

Kind regards :)

double-angry.png

angry.png

pass.png

6 answers to this question

That's odd about the logins not being remembered. I've been logged in since day 1 of the new forums coming online, and I haven't been kicked off. I've got a dynamic IP address, so I doubt that's whats causing your issue.
I'd look at any "cleaning" programs such as CCleaner running in the background that are possibly automatically deleting cookies or temporary internet files.

As for your username, I think it can be changed once every 90 or 180 days. In this case, since it's related to a login issue it's possible an exception could be made. I can't make any promises about that, but I could forward that request along.

For the password... I remember having issues on the old forums with capital letters. Whatever IPB used for password management did not like caps. Symbols and numbers were fine.

• Like 1

Thx for all the help this way first :)

... Now I got a pre set pass from admin and setup another email adresse with .info instead of .de . I'll let you know if that works in next few days after being on this board.

I use 'Opera Next'  on Windows 8 ... this runs with the 'Chrome' engine and is a valid browser to all new standards, cookies etc .... tried cache reset and everything but ... this didn't help so I tried my Chrome browser ... but nothing.

Now it seems working ... just let us wait.

so far :]

• Like 1