Not able to change brightness/gamma in fullscreen mode...

the box

Hi All,

I am just got a new computer and I'm having issues with brightness not changing in full screen mode, everything remains very dim (see pic 1).  I am able to control bightness in Windowed mode (see pic 2)... I have tried all of the r_gamma, r_ignorehwgamma, overbrightbits etc. settings with /vid_restart as well....

I am on an ASUS ROG gl752 with Nvidia GTX 960M.  There doesn't seem to be any options for controlling brightness in the Nvidia control panel...

Anyone else have this issue or any other suggestions to try?

FS.PNG.9d2aba869d75b615646db5c35c247fcc.PNGwin.PNG.ffbe331de6da59ebd383a55bb981f93f.PNG

image.png

• Leader

When playing in the options of the game does it work? Or absolutely nothing works?

option ---> system ---> calibrate brightness

I had a similar problem a long time ago and I think updating my drivers fixed my problem

The calibrate brightness slider actually does work, but it goes from super dim to pretty dim (for values between 0.5-1) and then doesn't seem to make a difference at all with anything between 1.0-2.0 on the slider...

I'm thinking it may be an auto-updated driver that did this... I tried reinstalling the latest driver from Nvidia's website but it didn't help at all...  Going to try some older drivers to see if that can fix things..

3 minutes ago, the box said:

@Smileyyy I have had to for the last week... 😒

For me brightness kinda gets fd when I play in windowed, not sure if that's the case for you though.

Nope.  I've had issues with brightness in the past and have been able to fix them via the config file, or with vid_restart in game... but not with this new computer... Might do a full reinstall of windows and see if that helps...

12 minutes ago, the box said:

Nope. I've had issues with brightness in the past and have been able to fix them via the config file, or with vid_restart in game... but not with this new computer... Might do a full reinstall of windows and see if that helps...

Can you send me your cfg?

antialiasing gamma correct off!

r_ignorehwgamma "1"

start : control panel: color managment

Edited by captnconcrete