ET Server Suggestion Marrakech Streets By Night Laboratory Main Entrance bug

Blurdecai

Axis get a massive advantage over Allies with this bug, it is done by planting a dyno in back door and then building materials, that naturally enable whenever main door is blown up.

Neither team can get in or out whenever this is performed, it is fixed by blowing this up with dyno, like it should me done normally, but Allies Cv Ops can´t get someone in for objective.

This glitch should be fixed soon.

2018-04-25-124136-et_mor2_night_final.jpg

2018-04-25-124141-et_mor2_night_final.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thx for brining this issue to our attention. I m not qualify to determine if it can be "debug" or modified  but it is (imo) a way of glitching the map and thus should not be tolerated.  We ll keep and eye open on server . 

Edited by Eazy
  • Like 2

I'll see if I can get my hands on the source files for this map. Could also just be a script error. I'll look into it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for reporting this issue i will pass this report forward to daredevil if anyone know what this caused and how to fix this it will be him :)

again thanks for reporting !

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

It is an issue that has been known for years. Im not currently capable of watching your demo but Ill assume you do it the same way that I know.

The problem seems to be that the windows and door of the little room holding the construction parts get blown up by the dynamite that allies plant instead of the event of the walls breaching (dont know if eventhandling is possible like this in ET but it seems like spaghetti code to me). However unlike the main entrance itself the little room can get blown up by dynamites from either team. So if anyone wants to fix the mapscript issue my best guess is to either completely edit on which event the room gets opnened, or make it so that only allied dynamites have an effect on the room

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

It is an issue that has been known for years. Im not currently capable of watching your demo but Ill assume you do it the same way that I know.

The problem seems to be that the windows and door of the little room holding the construction parts get blown up by the dynamite that allies plant instead of the event of the walls breaching (dont know if eventhandling is possible like this in ET but it seems like spaghetti code to me). However unlike the main entrance itself the little room can get blown up by dynamites from either team. So if anyone wants to fix the mapscript issue my best guess is to either completely edit on which event the room gets opnened, or make it so that only allied dynamites have an effect on the room

I've had a *very* quick look at it and the easiest fix would be of deleting the constructible barrier. So when allies destroy labdoor axis will have a harder time defending.

• Sad 1

• Platinum VIP
4 minutes ago, Smileyyy said:

I've had a *very* quick look at it and the easiest fix would be of deleting the constructible barrier. So when allies destroy labdoor axis will have a harder time defending.

thats not something I would recommend. How are the windows and door currently coded then?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

thats not something I would recommend. How are the windows and door currently coded then?

I'll check it out when I've got a bit more spare time.

• Like 1

It's not a bug , it's a feature.  A player can clearly see on map , "dynamite mark" inside lab , just like screwdriver mark where construction has/can be done. 

• Platinum VIP
30 minutes ago, yoyo said:

It's not a bug , it's a feature.  A player can clearly see on map , "dynamite mark" inside lab , just like screwdriver mark where construction has/can be done. 

no, it is not.

• Haha 1

I remember when it was on hardcore, we always had someone watching to make sure some known troublemakers would not do the glitch, they were warned and kicked sometimes for it.

• 4 weeks later...

@daredevil

Fixed it. Problem was that the constructing trigger for lab reinforcements weren't hidden at start of map. Changed it so that it is hidden at beginning and comes available after labdoor has been destroyed. U can still destroy the innerside of lab with axis dyna but doesn't affect gameplay since glitch won't work anymore.

Thank you @Mordecai for making a topic about it. :) 

PS: Sorry for late fix.

et_mor2_night_final.script

Edited by Smileyyy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...

BUMP

I think we had the same issue recently on Beg2.

@K3rmit Since this topic is 2 years old, maybe we lost the fix on the server or it's not there anymore (script file uploaded by Smiley above).

2021-04-25-161928-et_mor2_night_final.thumb.jpg.28d872324586e0bd64841db6032d017d.jpg

2021-04-25-161941-et_mor2_night_final.dm_84

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2018 at 10:58 PM, Smileyyy said:

Fixed it. Problem was that the constructing trigger for lab reinforcements weren't hidden at start of map. Changed it so that it is hidden at beginning and comes available after labdoor has been destroyed.

It is hidden, but you can still build it ..

4 minutes ago, Cross Marian said:

BUMP

I think we had the same issue recently on Beg2.

@K3rmit Since this topic is 2 years old, maybe we lost the fix on the server or it's not there anymore (script file uploaded by Smiley above).

Yeah, the map error is still there.  If you see anyone uses it, please follow this rule.

rulez.thumb.JPG.2a052824572cd14bf406d97150bd6c1f.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2