COD4 Server Where is everybody?

Spyderwebber

So I have more info, just FYI if you don't already know.

There were a couple security vulnerabilities in the COD series that apparently the COD4 X patch had resolved, but this was not an official patch.  The primary reason for the patch was the security flaw would allow a user to gain full-control access to your PC.  Thinking about this, we had a few hackers that hit the servers that we couldn't get rid of, they pretty much had control of the server and Speed did everything he could to handle to no avail.  I suspect they were taking advantage of this flaw.

So, they rolled this patch out to close down these holes.  Obviously their first attempt was sent out on an outdated patch, version 1.6.  Now their new attempt puts it to 1.8 and is essentially killing access to our servers.  I did speak to Shoes about it, and he's going to address the possibility of applying the patch to the servers.  

Hang in there!  

Spyder

• Administrators

I am working on updating servers. Sadly their i don't have steam version so I don't have latest files. I am working to get those files. 

Daredevil got the servers up and running again.  Beginners is now 1.8 (steam patch) and the other is 1.7.  

Thanks Daredevil!

Spyder

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, The Partisan GR said:

Beginners is always empty when I check. Should I upgrade or something?

I don't use Steam for COD4.

Yes, our 1.7 Beginners server never has any activity anymore. I will send you the 1.8 version of iw3mp.exe. Basically, copy everything from your 1.7 Cod4 folder, make a new folder, and paste it into there. From there, replace the 1.7 iw3mp.exe with the 1.8 version I sent you. From there, you should be good to go.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:28 AM, Spyderwebber said:

I do get on several times a day, of course I am working so I am limited on the time I can actually play, but I do see the DFU group in the evenings usually, and some of the regulars throughout the day.   I'll keep trying

Spyder

I have just got the okay to try playing again but I never find anyone on there.  Are the glory days gone???

Steam forced out a 1.8 upgrade and after that, we had some repairs to do to the servers.  They are up now, 1.8 is 108.61.21.94:28930, and we have had some days where its busy and some, like today, where it's not.  Are you trying to connect to 1.8?  If you are, keep trying we are working on populating it :)

Spyder

• 1 year later...