Neuro

Other Ping Spikes

Question

Hi- Lately I've been having issues with my ping. It either spikes or stays wack for a period of time. I'm using wifi. It could be my internet connection so I'm calling tech support tomorrow.

I restarted the modem and it didn't help.

Is it possible that ping is better on certain maps than others? Cuz I thought it was working alright on fuel dump but not bba0-beta2 or venice.

Maybe someone here can notice something from my lagometer and ping. Here are the ss:

2018-04-15-122347-venice_ne4.thumb.jpg.b61e9ec89df7188f631b355c7e0c4dca.jpg2018-04-15-122353-venice_ne4.thumb.jpg.1c1318b98052aec822e9015da08f632d.jpg2018-04-15-122402-venice_ne4.thumb.jpg.694febe0bd2b88be1a99ef6adb7794e7.jpg

14 answers to this question

Watching too many cute puppy videos in the background. ;)

10 minutes ago, Professor Tony said:

Watching too many cute puppy videos in the background. ;)

I gave that and everything else up, Prof! :P

WinMTR report please? 

Use MTR for mac. Windows tracert sucks and hence winMTR. For linux and OS X - MTR should work right out of the box from command line. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Professor Tony said:

She plays on a mac. Is there an mac os version of the software? Possibly this  https://support.eapps.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/442/28/mtr-for-mac-os-x

6 hours ago, daredevil said:

Use MTR for mac. Windows tracert sucks and hence winMTR. For linux and OS X - MTR should work right out of the box from command line. 

I need to update to latest software. Found this link: https://www.macports.org/install.php

Ended up following this website instead: http://support.moonpoint.com/os/os-x/homebrew/mtr.php

I only got one line of data:

Packets               Pings
 Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
 1. localhost                         0.0%   146    0.2   0.1   0.1   0.9   0.1

Edited by Neuro
  • Like 1

More stable ping/connection on hardcore:

2018-04-15-220455-pirates.thumb.jpg.69f3ae0ab0b0f0724ed7ddf64600b678.jpg

It looks like you only pinged your own computer. There should be a line in which you can add the Ip of the server to see if you are getting packet loss from it. If I have time later, I will get on my mac and test it out following the link you provided.

do

mtr jay1.clan-fa.com 

Then let it run for 100 packets and paste the output here.

Posted (edited)

@daredevil

5ad50d8f51e39_ScreenShot2018-04-16at13_54_28.thumb.png.ea25d50782b20d5eceb0e82161085c8a.png

Edited by Neuro

Despite resolved error - u router is in bad shape. StdDev of anything above 10 is bad when you have consistent ping replies. 

Try this one for more in-depth analysis for one node - 

https://www.pingplotter.com/download/macos

@Professor Tony  You'll find this website useful too if you run into issues mtr-ing something https://superuser.com/questions/595818/add-usr-local-sbin-to-the-path-of-a-user

Let's work on a "How to Mac" tutorial section LOL............

@daredevil Idk what I'm looking at but it's a pretty graph. LOOK at my lovely (partially sarcastic) GO:

5ad512cf68267_ScreenShot2018-04-16at14_13_24.thumb.png.8bea376d69fddca60d84c995a7f3ac4d.png

Are u on WiFi? or LAN? Ping me up on discord tonight. 

this is running both programs at the same time.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 4.50.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 4.50.16 PM.png