Massive Lags

SadNesS
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

I reinstalled ET because i had problems connecting to some servers. But now i have massive lags on my base servers.

I have never had lags there! Have done everything possible, but i have a ping from 50 to 200!!

Do you know a solution?

Most likely would have something to do with your config. If you have it in a separate file, you can execute that (ie: /exec sad1.cfg). Next time you have issues though, I'd suggest trying the PK3 cleaner rather than reinstalling.

Here would be the cvars that could cause similar issues off the top of my head:
- /rate (34000-90000)

- /cl_maxpackets (30-100)
- /cl_packetdup (0, 1, 2) - where 1 and 2 are the amt. of duplicate packets sent. 0 has least latency, 2 would add a bit but prevent packet loss from ruining your game

- /r_primitives (0, 1, 2) - Typical issue... usually values would be 0 for Nvidia, 1 for Intel, 2 for AMD. Lately seems everyone needs value at 2. Try it and /vid_restart. If it doesn't help, revert back to previous value.
- /com_maxfps - If it's too high (or set at 0), the framebuffer would be overloaded causing (you guessed it!) lag. Would suggest 71-133 fps, unless you're playing on a potato... then 43.

• Like 4

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                          homerouter.cpe -    0 |  101 |  101 |    0 |    1 |    5 |    1 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                             10.15.19.22 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   22 |   43 |  145 |   34 |
|                            185.99.72.65 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   24 |   38 |   55 |   45 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   21 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                            185.99.72.70 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   23 |   37 |   57 |   33 |
|                            62.157.248.9 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   22 |   37 |   56 |   27 |
|                          217.239.55.142 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   23 |   37 |   56 |   28 |
|                           80.156.160.98 -    0 |  101 |  101 |   22 |   38 |   63 |   34 |
|   CHOOPA-LLC.ear2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net -   32 |   45 |   31 |   36 |   53 |   78 |   62 |
|              173.199.105.145.choopa.net -    0 |  101 |  101 |   35 |   51 |   72 |   44 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

• Administrators

Are you hosting with gameservers? If yes, I suggest you change host because I had noticed their Euro network is really crazy one during random times. Their is nothing wrong in that winMTR. I don't see any packet loss. Post some of your lagometer screenshots and we can help. 

But mind you, if you miss the payment with gameservers.com or with any other host, they will cancel your hosting and servers unlike dediserverhosting.com where j4f clan leader was able to ask for some time and never paid the dues. How do I know it? Because my friend manages now that one and before I used to. 446$ due was still outstanding. Mario Volenik played well, a perfect scammer. 

• 4 weeks later...

The lagometer shows no irregularities. Also i have ingame not more than 60 ping. Everything else is disabled and no process

is running in the background. Could this be a hardware problem? If so, which?

• Administrators
  • Solution
4 minutes ago, SadNesS said:

The lagometer shows no irregularities. Also i have ingame not more than 60 ping. Everything else is disabled and no process

is running in the background. Could this be a hardware problem? If so, which?

I just got massive lag when i changed folder location of my ET today. Massive, massive FPS lag. Even loading ET took me 3 mins and opening console took 5. As soon as I put ET back in original folder, it was all good. I don't know what caused it to be honest. 

I suggest you try re-installing ET. I can't imagine, i am saying but after experiencing my current issue, it's worth a shot.

this is my question how many partitions do you have? and how many hard drives?

1- try to format the partition where ET is located and copy the ET folder
2- make a control of the ram with memtest

3- defragment disk

4- open console ET command / players check to not have the rate setting to 4000 or 5000, or the cl_maxpackets to 15 produce high lag

5- utility - Easy Windows Update on/off

I hope i was helpful

Edited by JirenTV

On 5/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, daredevil said:

I suggest you try re-installing ET. I can't imagine, i am saying but after experiencing my current issue, it's worth a shot.

I have reinstalled ET and it works again! I would be interested to know why this happened suddenly but now i am glad that i can play again after all the weeks! Thank you for your help and support!

• Like 1

i have about 20 installations of age, and 4 computers at home, I have about 20 hard disks every ET in a different hard disk, I like to do a lot of tests, and at the same time it happens to me, the only solution to delete, and copy cfg and etkey in a new installation, much simpler and faster

and anyway I want to add that I never put the root directory in C

Edited by JirenTV
  • Surprise 1