ET Server Suggestion Silent 1 - Revoting the same map

Cumquat

Someting has to be done this is a very serious issue.

As you can see in the screenshot,in two and a half hours only 5 maps were played.

Not only huge maps suck by themselves because you run around aimlessly for the most part,it also takes 30 minutes before they are over.

If i dont like the map i will leave,check trackbase when its over and connect on the next map,but guess what,another massive 30 minute map comes on,rinse and repeat for 3 hours and i gave up.

3 hours!!

I doubt most players would have that patience and i normally dont either.The server was simply unplayable.

Of course as you can see all the maps went till the very end of time as an axis win.

My suggestion is to somehow limit how often 30 minute/huge/jaymod maps can be played.

Pretty sure you can make a 7 map cycle with just those maps,so the 7 map limit passes you can revote them over again and go on the whole day.Which is close to what happened.

This is a single jump server with somewhat "difficult" settings you cant have those maps on all the time,it gets boring very fast.

omFzph0.jpg

• Like 1

ya we have the same problem with hc just about ever day it's very rare that we get new maps played or maps that have not been touched in 50+ votes

be nice if we could do something like 2 maps get voted then the next 1 is a random map 

Edited by *Kiba*
  • Like 1

It's voting system for a reason, players vote what they like or wish to play, obviously if they re picking same maps over and over means that they enjoy those couple of same maps over other maps, if there's a group of players wanting some change they can easily out vote them in the end of map.

• Like 2

I have to agree with the problem here. Eventually we will get through the map rotation, but for the most part, we do see a common rotation of the same maps before we get through every single one. AKA Baserace all the time at night smh

Just because a map wins the vote doesnt mean the majority wanted to play that map.

There have been many cases where italy gets 6 points (2 people voting) and another map gets 3 points (1 player voting) but the server has a 8vs8 going on.

Next thing that happens is more than 1/3rd of the players leave.

Im on the server every day,its impossible to even count how many times this has happened.

Alot of people simply forget or dont vote,so just because a map wins the vote doesnt mean anything.

The server can go from 8v8,9v9 or more to 4v4 with bots in no time.

And the worse is you have to wait an eternity to get back on a playable map,then they vote another huge map and server stays empty for hours.

• Administrators

If in 15 yr old game people are still not able to vote - during intermission first - then it's their problem and they better start voting. Admins can make a bind for reminder before map is about to end. It's super simple. So no, I am not going to change map voting and make it objective based. I tried that change on NQ#2 and soon people started complaining for it and we went back for Voting one.

Concern about showing mid size to large map in voting list - That will not happen, anymore. I changed few things and temple will not be shown anymore in voting list when server has less then 24 players. I had added subway in list while back and added up some more as well. if I missed any let me know. 

I also increased map cool off time. So same map can be played after a little bit more longer. This will be effective after next server restart. After 8 maps Italy was voted back in your screenshot. That's fair enough to me. 

@Cumquat - U are free to suggest small to mid size maps on silent1 map thread but saying below maps shouldn't be on server, is blowing stuff out of proportion. Obviously, people like Italy, Fueldump, etc. and their is no denial in it. 

Italy x2

Capuzzino

Teuthonia

Fueldump

Temple

Every few weeks, I remove the non played maps - from here - 

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=759655&section=mappool

• Like 2