ET Server =F|A= RECRUITING XPS - IP CHANGE

daredevil

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Sonofdoc said:

No biggie man, although it may suck, we shall survive! :D

IP changes kill the server but over the period of time we will survive. We just need to advertise everywhere like crazy that our IP has changed.  I am just trying to figure out that we need to stay at Chicago or we can move to NJ/NY for good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daredevil said:

IP changes kill the server but over the period of time we will survive. We just need to advertise everywhere like crazy that our IP has changed.  I am just trying to figure out that we need to stay at Chicago or we can move to NJ/NY for good. 

Already on it! I've gone over to Jay1 to inform them of these changes that might occur, and to stay updated on discord and forums!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, DFighter said:

is it maybe possible to make from the old ip a redirect ??

Yes. For a week only though if decommission the IP in itself.  We use A records anyways. So players still just need to do /connect jay1.clan-fa.com:27960

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well admins here will try their best to do the rest of the work including advertisement..... And it's a sad change..... But I always hope people will join this server only.... 

On the good hand... The ping issue will be a bit better for euros and other and including me... :P

Let's hope for the best

• Like 2

Should probably make banners on the rest of our servers especially the jaymod ones as its likely players will try those ones. Will do my part on silent. Should be fine in the end though! Fingers crossed.

• Platinum VIP

You gonna update the FA Server Menu link to Jay 1? That's how i always connect and move from server to server. Small issue if everyone has to re d/l it

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

we really need some  changes and updates to the  our flash test on our servers we still have servers saying we have a ts  and to join it maybe we can change one of them on all of our servers that the server ip will be changing it be a good way to  do just what you said we should we @daredevil 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

You gonna update the FA Server Menu link to Jay 1? That's how i always connect and move from server to server. Small issue if everyone has to re d/l it

No menu change required. For years, i have used jay1.clan-fa.com in the menu. This way if we have to change any IP due to any issues, we are covered. Only issue would be if anyone joining through 3rd party services - they have to update the IP their. 

I assume majority of players re joining via FA menu or writing the IP into console, as long as redirect is in place, it shouldn't be a big deal, afterwards just advertise it and ppl will eventually find it via Trackbase or forums here. As long as its populated and same name of server, ppl will find it again.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Audie Leon Murphy said:

Does this mean my poison knives will fly faster? :P

To the moon! :)