Regarding playing on different servers

daredevil

• Administrators

Giving heads up to all the new comers and friendly reminder to old timers. In the past some players just created server for the sole purpose to get other people GUID, IP and MAC information. Then it was used on our server to steal admin level, use same GUID to get banned on other clan servers. Over the period of time, we have improved and now if your GUID gets stolen, it's only limited damage can be done on our servers. But here is the thing. They can use your GUID to play on other servers and get you in trouble big time. In those case, i wouldn't be able to do much or anything. 

So please be careful where you play and always have 2 installations. One for playing on trusted servers and one for playing on random ETPro servers. On the top if you need more security stick to =F|A= ETPRO servers. I will be soon done updating US based ETPRO server. That would make 3 ETPRO server - 1 obj, 2 SW based. 

Good luck and enjoy ETPRO mod. It's fun. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Dunno, me nor any other guys i play ETPro with had any problems like that in our entire time of playing ETPro, anyone of us who has/is hosting servers normally just had an IP database to recognize players who were playing under different nicks or any potencional busted players so we we could know at least vs who we are scrimming. Never had two installations for ET, since first day of it, i always had one and my guid is probably ages old as well without having any problems at all.

• Platinum VIP
16 hours ago, Aniky said:

Dunno, me nor any other guys i play ETPro with had any problems like that in our entire time of playing ETPro, anyone of us who has/is hosting servers normally just had an IP database to recognize players who were playing under different nicks or any potencional busted players so we we could know at least vs who we are scrimming. Never had two installations for ET, since first day of it, i always had one and my guid is probably ages old as well without having any problems at all.

same, only time I was forced to switch guid was when FA had its breach like a year or 2 ago. And always had one fakenick guid next to my admin guid so I could play without levels. Currently only have my fakenick guid since I deleted the rest but since I dont have levels anywhere I guess it doesnt even matter, if someone taints my name somewhere I really cba and if it would be here people would be able to tell it was not me I would guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't think of this but it makes a lot of sense.

I'll stick to one install for F|A and one for other servers.

• Mufasa unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.