COD4 Server COD4 PATCH SELECTOR

Dan

Well it only took me a few hours but I just made a COD4 Patch selector with auto patching and our 3 servers including the scrim server. It works on NON-STEAM and NON-digital versions only. The file is about 60MB and will allow anyone with 1.6 or 1.7 to upgrade or downgrade at any time

40742565.png

Features:

-Basic server info

-Instant patch switching with server's auto patching

-Scrim Server password protection (password in COD4 section)

-Automatic Updates

If anyone has any problems or ideas feel free to let me know :)

Enjoy!

Current Version: 1.0.1

DOWNLOAD

works great ..i like it. One minor glitch..when I come out of game the selector is still running, see it in task manager, but is not on screen. I have to open another one and then I will have 2 on screen. Then x them out to close selector.

• Administrators

Anyway to include auto update feature so it checks for update when user clicks check for auto update and it auto updates?

If required you can use our web server FTP to introduce that feature. May be some kind of patches to update F|A server list if in case we add new servers? So user can download new 10MB(Example) update and it will update there software?

Awesome job!

Anyway to include auto update feature so it checks for update when user clicks check for auto update and it auto updates?

If required you can use our web server FTP to introduce that feature. May be some kind of patches to update F|A server list if in case we add new servers? So user can download new 10MB(Example) update and it will update there software?

Awesome job!

Yeah I already have it check a simple file to compare versions, I made it in a few hours lol. I can add that feature though, should be no problem :)

I can also implement an installation so users won't have to extract a zip file.

here what i got so far...still runs in background after exiting game. have to go to task manager to close it and then restart. Also noticed that it renames all classes to custom slot 1 , custom slot 2 etc...I love it for the scrim server, so much easier than typing in console to get there...I downloaded the first posted version and then replaced the .exe with the new one...tomorrow if I get a chance I will retry with the full .zip and see if that makes a diff...

here what i got so far...still runs in background after exiting game. have to go to task manager to close it and then restart. Also noticed that it renames all classes to custom slot 1 , custom slot 2 etc...I love it for the scrim server, so much easier than typing in console to get there...I downloaded the first posted version and then replaced the .exe with the new one...tomorrow if I get a chance I will retry with the full .zip and see if that makes a diff...

Ok I'm changing again how the program closes, for some reason it still stays open and I'm not sure why. I just tried it and my classes stayed the same names. It might have something to do with modded server if I remember right. Next release has full install with auto updates.

Cool program, Dan. Why make the user click? Auto update in the background.. like firefox =]