Martial Arts and their importance

GoongalaJones

Over a decade ago, I was introduced to the humble world of Martial Arts, and throughout the years, I just feel it's not being talked about as much in its more philosophical and way-of-life senses. Despite all the violence the tournaments broadcast all over the world, please do allow this humble human to enlighten you on a different side to martial arts. 

Martial arts help develop one's discipline, first and foremost, by having you commit to doing a series/set of moves to first set your mind and body in the right course of action to eventually do all the moves masterfully, without thinking and without error. Thus, any activity you take on in life would be used taken on with the same discipline in mind. 

Furthermore, despite their competitive nature, martial artists, I feel, have more unity of thought than in most team sports, since they all share the common goal of not only embetterment in the sport, but also for their personal lives. There's an underlying learning curve that transfers on from the actual martial art being learnt to the history of said martial art, allowing some practitioners of the sport to attempt to learn the language of the art to further understand its heritage.

The above points mentioned then mesh together into galvanising a nigh unbreakable will. Willpower is one of the most important aspects to have and consider in life, generally, so martial arts focus on developing your willpower as you go, as well as keeping it on the up-and-up. What you cannot accomplish today will still be accomplished, if you set your mind to do it. Nothing is impossible, only challenging.

Hope this topic and the few words I've conjured up are of interest and I hope you all like it! 

• Like 1

On 7-4-2018 at 12:06 PM, CheepHeep said:

I practiced tae kwon do. I'm so good even sis is scared of me and rightly so. I'm a master. Master chicken. For real. 

I'll never be afraid of you chicken! And if I bring my sister you'll try to fly away hoping it will be faster than running xD

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Long time ago I had some aikido lessons, even advanced 1 point up in the ladder :P
But I can confirm practising stuff like this can have + effects on  you, like being more disciplined and self-aware. Also the chance of getting killed decreases :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

Long time ago I had some aikido lessons, even advanced 1 point up in the ladder :P
But I can confirm practising stuff like this can have + effects on  you, like being more disciplined and self-aware. Also the chance of getting killed decreases :D

The two things that stuck with me after I stopped are my reflexes and flexibility. Worth it completely. Sparring is hella fun too 

Edited by CheepHeep

On 4/7/2018 at 3:36 PM, CheepHeep said:

I practiced tae kwon do. I'm so good even sis is scared of me and rightly so. I'm a master. Master chicken. For real. 

Dudee.....seriously....High five even....i did Tae kwon do....i did national level as well...Master chicken we are not scared of u either :D

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1