How to view all status updates using activity stream

Xernicus

Many folks have been wondering how they can view all of the recent status updates on the new forums now that there's no "View All Updates" button.
Luckily, it's easy to do with the new "Activity Stream" function. The Activity Stream is basically a replacement for Big Spy with some extra features that make it an "all-in-one" spot to help you keep track of your favorite subforums, galleries, blogs, status updates and even certain members (no stalkies plz).

In this tutorial, I'll show you how to set up a custom activity stream for viewing all status updates:

1. Hover over "Activity Tab" until the dropdown menu appears, and click on "My Activity Streams".
  2. Click on "Create New Stream".
    Index.thumb.jpg.9eb7cf3ae380764eaf87f85b68e17f6b.jpg
  3. You'll see a "Create New Stream" form.
         -For Stream Title, you can put a name such as "Status Updates", so it's easy to follow.
         -You can leave "Show Me" boxes alone- doesn't matter which setting you choose, comments and reactions will still be displayed.
         -Choose "Status Updates" for content types.
         -Leave Read, Following, and Ownership at "Everything" and Time Period to "Any Time" (default)
         -No need for tags.
    NewStream.thumb.jpg.f46100ac3021c6a70e64ea3809250d96.jpg
  4. Click "Save Changes" once you're all done.
  5. Hover over Activity again, click on "My Activity Streams". You will notice a new "Custom Streams" category with your new stream. Click on that.
    CustomStreams.thumb.jpg.b97db685cbdda1dfbb1c31aba5f54d79.jpg
  6. Enjoy looking at all of the status updates!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1